Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Wednesday and it’s brought to you by Presbyterian College Athletics… The PC men’s’ basketball team has been off a few days but will be back in action tonight as they travel Greensboro to take on the UNC Greensboro Spartans at 7:00… Also the 2014 PC baseball schedule was released today… For information about these and anything else related to PC athletics you can find it at www.gobluehose.com.
CHS at LDHS JV Action:
- Boys: Laurens 55 – Clinton 47: In JV boys action at Laurens High School last night the Raiders took a 55 – 47 victory over the Clinton Red Devils….The Raiders jumped out to a 15-7 lead at the end of the first quarter but Clinton pulled to within five with the half time score being 25-20 Raiders still leading… The Red Devils fought back and actually took a one-point lead about midway through the fourth quarter before Laurens got hot as they finished the game to make the score 55 – 47… Coach Eddie Romines stated that they just could not get the shots to drop when they needed them… The Red Devils had three players in double digits they were Ta’Shymen Boyd-13, Vee Thompson-12 and Harrison Fisher-11… Also contributing for Clinton were Kia Young-6 and Nate Martin-5….The Raiders had two players in double digits Brendin Gallimore-13 and Braylin McBeth-10….Others scoring for Laurens were DQ Floyd and Ty Mims and both with 9 points….Nick Harvey-8, Tyzaz Hill, Jaquice Simpson and Summie Carlay all had 2 points each.
- Girls: LDHS 29 – CHS 21: in JV girls action at LDHS the Lady Raiders took a hard-fought 29-21 win over the Lady Red Devils….Laurens jumped out to a 9-0 lead at the end of the first quarter and led 13-7 at halftime… Clinton rallied and led by one 17-16 at the start of the fourth quarter on but Laurens took advantage of Clinton’s missed opportunities and turnovers to pull out the win… The Lady Red Devils had three players scoring four points each… They were Brook Baker, MK Kelly and Olivia Hamrick… Kalen Richardson, Bri James, Shauna Goforth and Asia Cunningham all had 2 points each… Malaysia Todd led the Raiders scoring with 13 points… Others scoring were Tanesha Pinson-7,KeNyJa Spurgeon-5 and with 2 points each I. Rice and T. Coleman
Middle School Basketball
Belton at Gray Court-Owings
- Girls: GCO 24 – Belton 23: This game went back and forth with GCO scoring the winning bucket in the last minute of play and then holding on as Belton missed two free throws which could have given the game with just seconds left…Makayla Childs had 14 points to lead the Tigers…Kiara Austin also added 6 points.
- Boys: GCO 32 – Belton 14: do in boys action GCO proved to be too much for Belton as they took a 32-24 victory… The Tigers leading scorer was Ryan Dacre with 11 points while Josh Green added 7 and the Josh Hill 6
Laurens Middle School at Bell Street Red
- Girls: BSR 25 – LMS 10: sorry no details here
- Boys: BSR 50 – LMS 28: Ty Priestly led the Wildcats with 13 points… Others scoring were Jahleed Cook & Tobias Smith 8 each, Taylor Bailey and J.D. Payne 6 each, Zack James 3, with 2 points each Zay Hurley, Marquise wise and Sam Tiller
Bell Street White at Honea Path:
- Girls: BSW 22 – HP 14: Alyssa Abercrombie led the team with 10 points and Monesha Gary added 8.
- Boys: BSW 36 – HP 16: Shimeek Gaskins led the team with 10 points
Sanders at Hickory Tavern
- Girls: Sanders 38 – HT 2: Sanders press and athleticism was just too much for The Lady Panthers of HT… Sanders was able to play the entire bench before that I was over as coach JR Reid substituted liberally… Cali Heisey led the Yellow Jackets with 14 points…Jada Turner added 9 points while Alexus Espinosa and Ashunti Smith had 4 points each… Hannah Finley also scored 2 points… Heather Graham had the lone bucket for the Lady Panthers.
- Boys: Sanders 43 – HT 6: It was much the same story in the boys’ game as Sanders forced HT into numerous turnovers and the Panthers also had problems with missed shots… Anderson led the Yellow Jackets with 11 points and Foster had 10 points… Connor Dunlap and Dendy added 5 points each… Babb, McGowan and Zachary Miller each had 2 points each…. Nathan Long, Ryan Draper and Cameron Koon each had 2 points for the HT Panthers.
- Today WLBG will be broadcasting the Laurens at Clinton basketball games starting about 5 minutes to 6:00. .. Join Dr, Rhett Harris and myself as we bring you all the action from the CHS gym and remember we do stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com
- Then this Thursday WLBG will start our broadcast of middle school basketball as the Sanders Yellow Jackets host the Bell Street Red Wildcats… We will start the broadcast a few minutes before 5:00 aand of course we will stream it live at www.wlbg.com.
Local Sports Schedule:
CHS & LDHS
- Varsity basketball teams will play at Clinton with girls’ game starting at 6:00… This game can be heard live on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- Wrestling team at Byrnes vs. Byrnes & Greer 5:30
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The final meeting of the Laurens County Touchdown Club for this season will be the Annual Banquet on Wednesday December 4th at Lakeside Country Club … During this meeting the All-County Team will be announced as well as Coach of the Year and Player of the Year… The featured speaker will be will be Danny Ford former coach of the Clemson Tigers.. … Tickets for the banquet may still be available for $15 each… Call Marlene Owen at 833-2716 for more information.
- Laurens YMCA Reindeer Run… The Laurens YMCA will hold the 14th Annual Reindeer Run on Saturday, December 14, 2013. The event will feature a 5K walk/run and a kid’s 1-mile fun run… For more information about it including a link to the registration site, click on the following link: Laurens YMCA Reindeer Run Info
FYI / Community Interest:
- Basketball & Cheerleading: Registration is now open for Youth Basketball and Cheerleading which will start December 19th… There will be age appropriate groupings for youth ages 5-12 in basketball and for grades K5-6th grade for cheerleading… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Thursday December 12th… Click on the following link for much more information about the basketball and cheerleading programs or call the Y at 833-1555.: Clinton YMCA Basketball and Cheerleading 2013-14
- Laurens YMCA: Basketball: Registration is now open for youth basketball at the Laurens YMCA… The season will begin January 6th, 2014 and the registration deadline is December 15th… There will be age appropriate groups for youth ages 3 – 15… You can register at Member Services during normal business hours or contact Josie Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org… For more complete information click on the following: Laurens YMCA Basketball 2013-14
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.