- Kiley Frazier Signs with Newberry…. Yesterday Kiley Frazier a senior at Clinton High School signed a letter of intent to play basketball at Newberry College. Kiley will be finishing high school at the end of December and will enroll at Newberry in the spring. She plans on majoring in nursing at Newberry. To see a short interview done with her and her father Coach Todd Frazier after the signing click on the following link: Video Interview With Kiley Frazier
Laurens County Touchdown Club: The Laurens County Touchdown Club held their annual banquet last night at Lakeside Country Club. At the meeting the All-Laurens County Football Team was announced… Coach Danny Ford former Clemson University head football coach was the featured speaker and helped to make the awards… The following is a list of those awards by category:
- Offense: QB – Landon Allison CHS, RB – Matthias Williams CHS, RB – Shakeam Dowdy CHS, WR – Hammer Walker LDHS, WR – LaQuay Bunch LDHS, TE – Kendall Pitts CHS, TE – Hunter Stewart CHS, OL – Hunter Elwood L.A., OL – Daniel Cooper LDHS, OL – James Santos LDHS, OL – Devonte Roberson CHS, and OL – Alan Michael Patterson CHS
- Defense: DL – Desmond Briggs LDHS, DL – Tanner Adair LDHS, DL – Hezekiah Simpson CHS, LB – Dalton Sward LDHS, LB – Ryan Hughes LDHS, LB – Robert Williams L.A., DB – Thomas Jones LDHS, DB – Quadre Smith LDHS, DB – Tay Cook CHS and DB – Mathew Urwick L.A.
- Special Teams: Kicker – Matthew Craven CHS, Punter – Kevin Dean LDHS, Kickoff / Punt Return – Vee Thomson CHS, Specialist – Quinn Suber LDHS
- Player of the Year – Tanner Adair LDHS
- Coach of the Year – Scott King CHS.
Coach Ford spoke after the awards and spoke on the effect coaches can have on a young player’s life and he also spoke to the athletes in attendance about how the choices they are making now will affect them the rest of their lives… Of course he also had a few humorous stories mixed in… Check our website in the Between the Lines section for videos of the awards portion of the ceremony or click on the following link: Videos of Awards Ceremony Coach Ford’s remarks will be added later on today.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball @ Greenwood 6:00
- JV basketball host Newberry 6:00
- Varsity basketball hosts Oakbrook Prep 6:00
Middle School Basketball: Girls game start at 5:00
- Belton at Hickory Tavern
- Honea Path at Laurens Middle
- Gray Court at Bell Street White
- Bell Street Red at Sanders
Broadcast Reminder: Today game at Sanders against Bell Street Red will be broadcast will be broadcast on Real Radio 860 WLBG starting a couple of minutes before 5:00.
This & That:
- Laurens YMCA Reindeer Run… The Laurens YMCA will hold the 14th Annual Reindeer Run on Saturday, December 14, 2013. The event will feature a 5K walk/run and a kid’s 1-mile fun run… For more information about it including a link to the registration site, click on the following link: Laurens YMCA Reindeer Run Info
FYI / Community Interest:
- Basketball & Cheerleading: Registration is now open for Youth Basketball and Cheerleading which will start December 19th… There will be age appropriate groupings for youth ages 5-12 in basketball and for grades K5-6th grade for cheerleading… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Thursday December 12th… Click on the following link for much more information about the basketball and cheerleading programs or call the Y at 833-1555.: Clinton YMCA Basketball and Cheerleading 2013-14
- Laurens YMCA: Basketball: Registration is now open for youth basketball at the Laurens YMCA… The season will begin January 6th, 2014 and the registration deadline is December 15th… There will be age appropriate groups for youth ages 3 – 15… You can register at Member Services during normal business hours or contact Josie Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org… For more complete information click on the following: Laurens YMCA Basketball 2013-14
- City of Laurens Parks & Recreation Basketball: The City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Department is also registering youth for their youth basketball program… There will be 3 age appropriate groups available… The cost is $30 and the deadline to register is December 7th … Registration can be done at their office at the Little River Park during normal business hours… For more information call 681-7275 or email email@example.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.