CHS: The Red Devils hosted the Greenwood Eagles last night in action at CHS.
- Girls: GHS 50 – CHS 20… The lady Red Devils battled the Lady Eagles of Greenwood well in the first half of last night’s game and only trailed by 4 at the half as the score stood 18-14 Eagles going into the locker room at the break… However, the Clinton team that came back out to play in the 2nd half seemed to be completely different as the Eagles cruised on to a 50-20 win… According to Coach Chris Wofford turnovers were the reason… Chyna Davis led the Lady Devils in scoring with 6 points…. Maleaka Neal and Trevoria Dendy each added 4, Tamia Sanders 3, Bredashia Walls 2 and Ticambrius Copeland 1.
- Boys: GHS 71 – CHS 61… Last week the Clinton boys’ team took a 2 point win over Greenwood down in Greenwood and they hoped to make it 2 in a row over the eagles but the Eagles would have none of that as they took a 71-61 win over the Red Devils last night…. The Red Devils kept it close in the 1st period trailing by only 1 at the end of the period (15-14) but the Eagles pushed further ahead in the 2nd period as they were able to get inside on the Red Devils defense and led 34-24 at the half… Clinton got within 4 late in the game but could get no closer… Shakyl Smiley led the Red Devils with 17 points, followed by Cook with 16 points and Davis with 10… Clinton will host Abbeville tonight.
LDHS: The Raiders hosted the Union County High School Yellow Jackets in action last night at the LDHS at main gym while the JV teams traveled to Union.
- Girls: UCHS 45 – LDHS 18… When these two teams met last Friday Union took a 2 point win but last night they were just too much for the Lady Raiders as the Yellow Jackets took a 45-18 win… Their defense held Laurens scoreless in the 1st quarter and they were never really seriously threatened after that… To their credit, the Lady Raiders never quit but were just outmanned…. Kaylah Gary led the Raiders with six points. Also scoring for the Raiders were Kiya Burnside 5, Tiesha Jones, Bre Nance and Kela Daniels all adding 2 points each. KC Cofield also had 1 point
- Boys: LDHS 83 – UCHS 44… The Raiders improved their record to 4-2 as they took a dominating 83-44 win over the Yellow Jackets… Laurens played pretty much a complete game taking the win with good defense, good shooting, rebounding and getting all their players involved in the game… The Raiders had five players scoring in double digits with Kezario Whitmore having a game-high 13 points. Also scoring in double digits were Chuck Johnson and Toby Jackson with 12 points each while Chris Statom and LaJune Jones had 10 points each. The Raiders scoring was rounded out by Davon Boyce 8, E’Nicholas Leake and Ladarius Williams 6 each, Malik Donald 4 and Dre Blackwell 2.
- JV Girls: LDHS 46-UCHS 26
- JV Boys: LDHS 54 – UCHS 51…. Nick Harvey hit had a 3-point shot at the buzzer to give Laurens the win…. Brendin Gallamore led the Raiders with 14 points and Braylin McBeth added 13…. Harvey had 10 point.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity Basketball host Abbeville 6:00
- On Friday Dec.13th the CHS @ LDHS basketball games at LDHS will be broadcast on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC…. Now we would like for to go out and support your favorite team on Friday but if you can’t join Buddy, Jimmy and Jason as they bring you all the action live from the main gym at LDHS at about 5:45… I’ll also remind you that the game will be streamed live at www.wpcconline.com.
This & That:
- Laurens YMCA Reindeer Run… The Laurens YMCA will hold the 14th Annual Reindeer Run on Saturday, December 14, 2013. The event will feature a 5K walk/run and a kid’s 1-mile fun run… For more information about it including a link to the registration site, click on the following link: Laurens YMCA Reindeer Run Info
FYI / Community Interest:
- Basketball & Cheerleading: Registration is now open for Youth Basketball and Cheerleading which will start December 19th… There will be age appropriate groupings for youth ages 5-12 in basketball and for grades K5-6th grade for cheerleading… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Thursday December 12th… Click on the following link for much more information about the basketball and cheerleading programs or call the Y at 833-1555.: Clinton YMCA Basketball and Cheerleading 2013-14
- Laurens YMCA: Basketball: Registration is now open for youth basketball at the Laurens YMCA… The season will begin January 6th, 2014 and the registration deadline is December 15th… There will be age appropriate groups for youth ages 3 – 15… You can register at Member Services during normal business hours or contact Josie Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org… For more complete information click on the following: Laurens YMCA Basketball 2013-14
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.