Local Sports Results: Last night the Clinton Red Devils hosted the Newberry Bulldogs in non-region action
- NHS 52 – CHS 33 …. The Lady Red Devils managed to keep this game respectable until the Lady Bulldogs went on a 15-0 run in the 4th period as they posted a 52-33 win over the Lady Devils… Tyshira Bates of Newberry led all scorers with 17 points 12 in the 2nd half… Tamia sanders led Clinton with 10 points 6 of which came in the 4th period… Others scoring for Clinton were: Maleaka Neal 9, Chyna Davis 5, Queena Cunningham 4, two each for KT Speaks and Breshadia Walls while Noelia Leake and Trevoria Dendy had 1 each.
- NHS 86 – CHS 41… In boys’ action, the story was no better as a strong Bulldog team led 44-16 at the half and rolled on to an 86-41 win over the Red Devils… The Red devils were playing a little short-handed last night as 3 varsity players were not available for action and it showed as the Red Devils had offensive troubles all night while Newberry pretty much did what they wanted on offense… The Red Devils had 2 players scoring in double digits,… They were Nike Davis with 16 points and Tymori Tribble with 11… Tay Cook added 7 points, while Jayln Carter, Kion Ligon and RJ Robinson added 2 each…
The Red Devils will start region play on Friday night as they host the Chester Cyclones boys and girls action that can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC.
- The Crusader Middle teams were in action last night down in Greenwood as they took on Cambridge Academy… Good news as both Crusader teams won… The girls won 36-12 and the boys won 41-28
- BCS Title Game: Florida State 34 – Auburn 31: Well it seemed to be destiny vs. tradition last night and destiny won out as the Florida State Seminoles took a 34-31 win over the War Eagles of Auburn to go 14-0 on the season and win the final BSC Championship… Auburn lead 21-10 at the half and pretty much controlled the half… The Seminoles did not give up and finally took a 27-24 lead with 4:31 left n the game only to have Auburn regain the lead 31-27 with 1:19 left to play… Florida St. then drove 80 yards in 7 plays to take the final lead on a 2 yard TD pass from Jamesis Williams to Kelvin Benjamin with 13 seconds left on the clock… Williams, this year’s freshman Heisman Trophy winner, was named the game’s MVP…. This marks the first time that a non-SEC team won the title since 2005 when Texas won it… Auburn finishes their season 12-2.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball host Easley…. 6:00 / 7:30
- Boys’ C team & JV basketball teams @ Easley 5:15/ 6:00 / 7:15
- Basketball at Covenant Classic
- WLBG: Tonight Dr. Rhett Harris & Billy Dunlap will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the Easley Green Wave… They’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball Friday Jan. 10th as the Red Devils play host to the Chester Cyclones… Join Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action a few minutes before 6:00 on the internet also at www.wpcconline.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.