Local Sports Results:
The Raider varsity teams traveled to Greenville last night to take on the Patriots of JL Mann..
- Mann 50 – LDHS 40… The Lady Raiders played the Lady patriots to a 10-10 tie at the end of the 1st period of play…. The Raiders then got into foul trouble in the post position in the 2nd period and Mann exploited that to take a 23-16 lead at the half… The Raiders could not recover from the halftime deficit and Mann went on to take a 50-40 win…. Nasia Owens led the Lady Raiders with 16 points… Kiya Burnside chipped in 9 points..
- LDHS 48 – Mann 47… In boys’ action, the Raiders got off to a slow start but recovered to take and exiting 48-47 win over the Patriots… The Raiders trailed 14-3 at the end of the 1st period and 23-10 at the half… The Raiders then went on 9-0 run at the start of the 3rd period and hen the period ended, they by only 2 (32-30). The Raiders completed the comeback to take the 48-47 win… Davon Boyce led all scorers with 20 points… Others scoring for the Raiders were; Toby Jackson with 15, Kezario Whitmore 6, Chuck Johnson 3 and Jordan Sargent 2.
The 9th grade boys and JV teams hosted JL Mann last night…
- 9th grade boys: LDHS 25 – Mann 24… The 9th grade boys picked up their first win last night as they defeated Mann 25-24… The Raiders battled and took the lead with about 30 seconds left in the game and then held on for the win… Jayln Walker had 7 points to lead the Raiders… Keith Neal kicked in 5.
- JV boys: LDHS 38 – Mann 26… Nick Harvey led the Raiders with 14 points… DQ Floyd & Braylon McBeth each had 10 points..
Middle School Basketball Results
Bell Street Red @ Laurens Middle:
- Girls: BSR 21 – LMS 10… In girls’ action, BSR picked up a 21-10 win over LMS… Destiny Fuller led BSR with 6 points… Dianne Martin & Beth Wiggins had 5 each and Adaline Stephens had 2… Jada Dial had 6 points to lead LMS.
- Boys: BSR 32 – LMS 23… The BSR boys’ team completed a sweep of LMS with a 32-23 win in the 2nd game… BSR pretty much led start to finish… Taylor Bailey led the BSR with 8 points.. Zay Hurley had 7, Jahleed Cook had 5, Tyquan Cromer & Marquise Wise had 4 each and 2 each for Zach James & Sam Tiller…Ty Rice led the LMS Tigers with 10 points and Carson Todd had 8.
Honea Path @ Bell Street White:
- Girls: BSW 21 – HP 10… The BSW girls were victorious as they took a 21-13 win over HP…. Alyssa Abercrombie had 6 points to lead the team… Amani grant had 5 and Corey Nichols 4…
- Boys: Sorry, Coach did not report score.
Gray Court-Owings @ Belton
- Girls: Belton 31 – GCO 16… In the first game at Belton, the home team took a 31-16 win over the visiting Lady Tigers from GCO… Makayla Childs had 8 points for the Tigers… Ana Carcamus added 4 points.
- BOYS: GCO 45 – Belton 27… In boys’ action, GCO turned the tables and took a 45-27 win over Belton… Josh Greene had 24 points to lead the Tigers… Cameron Woody was also in double-digits with 12 points.
Hickory Tavern @ Sanders
- Girls: Sanders 41 – HT 6… In girls action, Sanders continues to be the only undefeated team (boys or girls) as they posted a 41-6 win over HT last night… Cali Heisey was the leading scorer for Sanders with 16 points… Alexus Espinosa contributed 8 for Sanders… April Seymore, Aereona Booker and Tamara Harvey each had 2 points for HT..
- Boys: Sanders 28 – HT 17… Sanders Coach JR Reid played mostly 2nd string players for most of the game last night and found his team trailing 15-17 with 3 minutes to go in the game to the Panthers of HT… That is when he decided to make some substitutions which paid off as they came back to win 28-17… Connor Dunlap was high scorer for Sanders with 7 points… Aden Partee and Braylin Williams added 5 each… Layton Mahon was the leading scorer for HT with 9 points
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball host Chester 6:00
- Varsity basketball host Hillcrest 6:00
- 9th grade & JV basketball @ Hillcrest… 5:15
- Wrestling @ Greenwood Friday & Saturday
- Middle School boys & varsity basketball teams @ Glen Forest 5:00
- .WLBG: Tonight Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the Hillcrest Rams… He’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball tonight as the Red Devils play host to the Chester Cyclones… Join Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action a few minutes before 6:00 on the internet also at www.wpcconline.com.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.