Local Sports Results:
CHS: last night the Red Devils varsity basketball teams travelled to Woodruff to take on the Wolverines.
- Girls: CHS 40 – WHS 31… And girls’ action, the Lady Red Devils took a hard fought 40-31 win over the Lady Wolverines… The score was tied 15-15 at the half and 25-25 at the end of the third quarter… In the start of the fourth quarter Coach Wofford change the defense which resulted in Woodruff getting less open shots and Trevoria Dendy scored 6 of her 8 points on the night in the decisive final period. Others scoring for Clinton were: Maleaka Neal 7, KT Speaks 6, Queena Cunningham 5, Tamia Sanders 4 and with 2 points each Ticambrius Copeland, Cynthia McHam, Chyna Davis and Bredashia Walls… DeNaishia Floyd and Noelia Leake added 1 each…
- Boys: WHS 68 – CHS 59… In the boys’ game, Woodruff turned the tables and took a 68-59 win over the Red Devils… The Red Devils trailed 31-24 at the half and were down as much as 14 in the 4th period but did manage to cut the deficit to 3… However, Woodruff managed to get the key shots and free throws to make the final margin 68-59… The Red Devils had 3 players in double-digits… They were Nike Davis with 14, Tay Cook 12 and Shakiyl Smiley with 11… Others scoring for Clinton were: RJ Robinson 8, Shakeam Dowdy, Jay Fuller & Ian Kinard 4 each, and Dee Goggins with 2… The Red Devils will host Broome this Friday night
LDHS: The Raider varsity basketball teams travelled to Woodmont last night to take on the Wildcats in Region I-AAAA action
- Girls: WHS 76 –LDHS 40… The Lady Raiders offensive woes continue as they lost to the Lady Wildcats 76-40… Laurens fell behind 17-3 at the end of the 1st period and was just never able to get their offense in gear… Kiya Burnside & Nasia Owens led the Raiders with 9 points each… Lara Jackson & Tiesha Jones had 5 each, Kalah Gary & Kela Daniels had 4 each while KC Cofield & Bre Nance had 2 each.
- Boys: WHS 79 – LDHS 70… In boys’ action, Woodmont completed the sweep of the Raiders by taking a 79-70 win… For the second game in a row, the Raiders faced a team that was ranked in the top 10 in Class AAAA and coming into the game with only 1 loss (13-1)… The Raiders trailed by 13 at the half (37-24) and 14 (55-49) at the start of the 4th period… They did manage to cut the lead to 4 but Woodmont responded each time the Raiders got close… The Raiders had 4 players scoring in double-digits… Kezario Whitmore had 20 points (12 of which were in the 3rd period) coming off the bench… Toby Jackson had 19 points 18 of which came off of 6 three-point shots he made… Davon Boyce had 14 points and Chuck Johnson 11… LaDarius Williams had the other 6 points scored by the Raiders… The Raiders will travel to Greenwood this Friday night to take on the Eagles.
Laurens Academy: last night the Crusaders of Laurens Academy hosted Wardlaw.
- Girls: LA 35 – Wardlaw 16… In girls’ action, the Lady Crusaders posted a 35-16 win… Taylor Williamson led the team in scoring with 21 points… Kaitlyn Muir was the next leading scorer with 6 points… Caroline Verdin had 12 rebounds while Williamson and Savannah Mitchell had 4 steals each.
- Boys: LA 59 – Wardlaw 34… The LA boys completed the sweep of Wardlaw as they picked up their 10th win of the season with a 59-34 victory over Wardlaw….Chase Brewington led the Crusaders with 25 points and Samuel Moore also scored in double-digits with 11… Others scoring were Ryan Holmes 8, Nathan Tyson 6, Robert Williams and Jonathan Burns 4 each and Noah Stribling with 1… The Crusaders are now 10-4 overall and 6-0 in region play.
Tomorrow I’ll have Laurens JV scores and middle school scores from Laurens Academy.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV basketball host Christ Church 6:00
- Wrestling at Greenwood 5:30
- .WLBG: Tuesday night Jan. 21st Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the TL Hannah Yellow Jackets… They’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WLBG: Our next middle school basketball broadcast will be Thur. Jan 16th as Gray Court-Owings travels to Laurens Middle School… Join Mike Hughes a couple of minutes before 5:00 for all the action and remember it will be streamed live at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball Friday Jan. 17th as the Red Devils play host to the Broome Centurions… Join Buddy, Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action a few minutes before 6:00 on the internet also at www.wpcconline.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens YMCA Middle School Baseball… The Laurens YMCA has started registration for Middle School baseball and the registration will end 1-31-14… It is open to youth in the 6th08th grade who will not be 15 years of age before may 1, 2014…. Click on the following link for more information: 2014 Laurens Y Middle School Baseball
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.