CHS: last night the CHS JV basketball teams hosted the Christ Church Cavaliers.
- Girls: CHS 28 – CC 10… The Lady Red Devils picked up their 3rd win of the season as they defeated the Lady Cavaliers 28-10
- Boys: CHS 39 – CC 31… In the 2nd game, the Red Devils boys’ JV team completed the sweep of CC with a 39-31 win to pick up their 5th win of the season….The Red Devils led 14 at the half and then held CC to just 3 points in the 3rd period and went on to the win… Coach Eddie Romines stated “ (it was a) solid defense, good rebounding, and unselfish play were the keys to victory tonight. It was a team effort and a great win against a good opponent”…. Tashymen Boyd led the team with 11 points… Nate Martin had 8, Kia Young 7, Vee Thompson 5, Harrison Fisher 4, and Jatavis Moore 2…. The JV teams will be back in action tonight as they travel to Broome.
Back on Tuesday night the 9th grade boys and JV teams hosted Woodmont… Let’s catch up on results from then:
- 9th grade boys: WHS 44 – LDHS 17… no other details available
- JV girls: WHS 28 – LDHS 26… In a game that went back and forth all night, the Lady Raider JV team fell to Woodmont in a close one by a score of 28-26… Tanesha Pinson led LDHS with 7 points… Ke’Ny-ja Spurgeon & Ianthea Rice had 6 points each, Malaysia Todd 5 & Raadyah Burnside 2.
- JV boys: LDHS 32 – WHS 31… The boys’ JV game was also a close one but in this one the tables were turned as the Raiders took a 32-31 win in overtime… The Raiders trailed 18-23 at the end of the 3rd period but came back to tie it 28 all at the end of regulation… With a few second left to play in the overtime, Brendin Gallamore hit 2 big free throws to give the Raiders the final lead…. Gallamore and Nick Harvey led the Raiders with 8 points each.
Wrestling: LDHS 43 – TL Hannah 27
- Last night the Raider wrestling team took on the Yellow Jackets of TL Hannah and posted a 43-27 win over the Jackets…. Jordan McCall, Juan Barcenas, Austin Cain and Cain Trevino all picked up matt victories for the Raiders… Bradley Owens, Ryan Hughes, Austin Crocker and Stephens Johnson were also credited with wins because of no opponent in their weight class…. If you go to wlbg.com and look in the Featured Sports section in the bottom right side of the home page, you will find a posting for the Raider Wrestling team that gives you all the season results including some I have not had time to mention.
Laurens Academy: On Tuesday night the Laurens academy Middle School teams were also in action as they hosted Wardlaw.
- Girls: LA 28 – Wardlaw 8… This was their 12th win of the season, I believe they are undefeated
- Boys: LA 24 – Wardlaw 14… This was their 9th win of the season.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV basketball at Broome 6:00
Middle School Basketball: Girls games start at 5:00
- Honea Path at Bell Street Red
- Bell Street White at Hickory Tavern
- Belton at Sanders
- Gray Court-Owings at Laurens Middle
- .WLBG: Tuesday night Jan. 21st Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the TL Hannah Yellow Jackets… They’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WLBG: Our next middle school basketball broadcast will be today as Gray Court-Owings travels to Laurens Middle School… Join Mike Hughes a couple of minutes before 5:00 for all the action and remember it will be streamed live at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball tomorrow as the Red Devils play host to the Broome Centurions… Join Buddy, Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action a few minutes before 6:00 on the internet also at www.wpcconline.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens YMCA Middle School Baseball… The Laurens YMCA has started registration for Middle School baseball and the registration will end 1-31-14… It is open to youth in the 6th08th grade who will not be 15 years of age before May 1, 2014…. Click on the following link for more information: 2014 Laurens Y Middle School Baseball
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.