Local Sports Results:
CHS: Last night the Clinton JV basketball teams hosted the Chapman Panthers
- Girls: Clinton 25 – Chapman 16… The Lady Red Devils picked up their 7th win in a row to make their record 9-5 overall and 6-2 in region play.
- Boys: Clinton 62 – Chapman 36… The JV boys completed the sweep of Chapman with a 62-36 win… The Red Devils outscored the Panthers in every quarter but the pretty much put the game out of reach in the 2nd quarter when they outscored the Panthers 23-6… Coach Eddie Romine said afterwards “We passed the ball really well and shot the ball well the entire game… We had a fantastic 2nd quarter offensively and defensively. On defense we did a great job of rebounding, trapping, stealing passes, and converting them into fast break points… Everyone played and everyone scored… I am proud of the guys! We are getting better every game!”… Kiah Young led the Red Devils with 9 points… Nate Martin & Xarrius Choice had 8 points each while Junior Johnston had 6… Vee Thompson, Harrison Fisher, Ta’Shymen Boyd & George Rice all scored 5 points while Jatavis Moore & Robert Powell each scored 4 points with Chris Wright added 2 and Koko Richey 1…The Red Devils are now 9-5 on the season and 5-3 in the region.
LDHS: The Raider C-team and JV teams traveled to Greenville last night to take on the JL Mann patriots
- JV Boys: JLM 42 – LDHS 38… The Raider boys JV team got off to a slow start and had to play catch up the rest of the night and came up a little short as the Patriots took a 42-38 win… The Raiders had 2 players scoring in double digits… They were D.Q. Floyd with 13 points and Brayln McBeth with 10.
- C-Team: LDHS 40 – JLM 35… In the 1st game last night at JLM, the C-team took a 40-35 win… The game was close and the Raiders kept JLM at bay most of the night with great defense… CJ Miller had a big steal with under a minute to play to help preserve the win… The Raiders had 3 players scoring in double-digits… They were Quay Covington, Jalin Walker & Brandon Oberdier
- JV Girls: Mann does not have a JV team
- Seniors Honored: Tuesday night Laurens Academy recognized their senior basketball players… The Lady Crusaders have one senior on their team this year and that is Kayla Mitchell… The boys’ team has three seniors this year and they are Samuel Moore, Nathan Tyson, and Matthew Urwick… senior manager Will Burroughs actually dressed out and played in the game the game with Glenn Forrest and scored his first career points.. Congratulations to all these seniors.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball @ Chapman 6:00 Can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- JV basketball @ Woodruff 6:00
- Varsity basketball @ Hillcrest 6:00
- C-team & JV basketball host Hillcrest 5:00
- Saturday: Wrestling @ Rock Hill vs. Spring Valley. 10:00 am, if win face winner of Rock Hill vs. Riverside afterward.
- All basketball teams @ Newberry
- Saturday: Middle School teams in Tournament at Wardlaw
- WLBG: Tomorrow night February 4th Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the Woodmont Wildcats… Then on Wednesday they will bring you the postponed game between the Raiders and the JL Mann Patriots…They’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Tonight Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball as the Red Devils travel to Chapman to take on the Panthers… Join Buddy, Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens YMCA Registration for Spring Sports… The Laurens YMCA is also registering youth for Tee Ball, Dixie Youth Baseball and Spring Soccer… Tee Ball & Dixie Youth is open to those ages 3-15 and registration closes March 17th… Spring Soccer is also open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close February 10th … For more information about these call he Laurens YMCA at 984-2626 or go to the Y’s website www.laurensymca.org.
- City of Laurens Parks & Recreation Little League Baseball & Softball… Registration is also underway for Little League Baseball & Softball through the Laurens City Parks & Recreation Department… There are age appropriate divisions for youth ages 3 -12…. Registration will close February 14th and can be done at the Little River Park office during their normal business hours… Call 681-7275 for more information or go to the following website: www.laurenslittleleague.com.
- Clinton YMCA – City of Clinton Youth Baseball & Softball… Registration is now underway at the Clinton YMCA for youth baseball & softball… There are 7 different age groupings in baseball or girls’ softball for youth ages 3-15… The deadline to register without a $10 late fee is Feb. 18th…. Registration is at the Clinton YMCA during their normal business hours… For more information contact the YMCA at 833-1555…. By the way, they are looking for volunteer coaches also… Interested in that, contact Brian Shealy at the same number.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.