- Union County at Clinton varsity Basketball… The varsity basketball games scheduled for last Tuesday where the Red Devils of CHS were to host the Union County Yellow Jackets has been rescheduled for tomorrow (Feb. 15) – starting at 1:00 PM… Come out & support the Red Devils in their last regular season games.
- Greenwood @ Laurens Basketball… With school closed today, the last games of the regular season between the Greenwood Eagles and the Laurens Raiders which was to be held at LDHS has been rescheduled for tomorrow at 3:00 pm… This is a big game for the Raider boys team as they still have a shot at making the playoffs and this game with the Eagles tomorrow could boost their chances…. As of this moment, we are still planning on broadcasting the games and will go live a few minutes before 3… By the way, by mutual agreement between the 2 schools the C-team & JV games will not be made up therefore ending their season.
- Baseball – Softball 50 Inning Game: The annual 50 inning coed softball game put on as a fundraiser by the LDHSbaseball and softball teams was scheduled to be played at noon tomorrow.. Because of the weather the field will not be playable so that game has been postponed… When they announce a makeup date I’ll be sure to let you know
- SCISA Region 2-A Tournament… As I mentioned on Wednesday, the Laurens Academy Crusader varsity basketball squads will start their participation in the SCISA (South Carolina Independent School Association) Region 2-A Tournament tonight & tomorrow… Tonight at Newberry College the #1 ranked Crusader boys team will close out first round boys’ tournament action about 9:00 P.M. when they face off against #8 Northside Crusaders… Then tomorrow the first round of the girls tournament will be held at Laurens Academy… At 1:00 P.M. the # 4 ranked Lady Crusaders are now scheduled to start the tournament action as they take on the #5 ranked Mead Hall Lady Panthers… The winners of the first round games on Friday and Saturday will then advance to the second round games which will be played at Newberry Academy on Monday and the finals are to be held at Glenn Forest on Tuesday… You can see the entire schedule of SCISA Region 2-A tournaments below.
- Boys at Newberry College on Friday 2/14
5:00 P.M. Glenn Forest #4 vs. Wardlaw #5
6:30 P.M. Anderson Christian #3 vs. Covenant #6
8:00 P.M. Newberry #2 vs. W.W. King #7
9:30 P.M. Laurens #1 vs. Northside #8
- Girls at Laurens Academy on Saturday 2/15
1:00 P.M. Laurens #4 vs. Mead Hall #5
2:30 P.M. Anderson Christian #3 vs. Wardlaw #6
4:00 P.M. W.W. King #2 vs. Covenant #7
5:30 P.M. Newberry #1 vs. Northside #8
- Semi-Finals at Newberry Academy on Monday 2/17
4:00 P.M. Girls W.W. King/Covington Winner vs. Anderson Chr./Wardlaw Winner
5:30 P.M. Boys Newberry/W.W. King Winner vs. Anderson Chr./Covenant Winner
7:00 P.M. Girls Newberry/Northside winner vs. Laurens/Mead Hall Winner
8:30 P.M. Boys Laurens/Northside Winner vs. Glenn Forest t/Wardlaw Winner
- Finals at Glenn Forest on Tuesday 2/18
4:00 P.M. Girls Middle School Championship
5:15 P.M. Boys Middle School Championship
6:30 P.M. Middle School Awards
6:45 P.M. Girls Varsity Championship
8:15 P.M. Boys Varsity Championship
9:45 P.M. Varsity awards
- South Carolina Baseball: Will start their baseball season tomorrow with a doubleheader with Bucknell… The first pitch is scheduled for noon and the second game has a 4 pm starting time
- Clemson Baseball: As far as I can determine, the Clemson Tigers are still scheduled to start their season today at 4 pm as they host Eastern Michigan.
- PC Baseball: The Blue Hose are scheduled to open their season tomorrow at noon as they host savannah State in a doubleheader..
NASCAR: There are many sure signs that spring is not too far off this time of the year; high school basketball season getting winding down, high school baseball and softball practice starting, college baseball & softball starting and one of the surest signs is one our old friend Big Gene would be chomping at the bits to remind you about is that Speed Week at Daytona today at Daytona… Of course it all leads up to the start of the Sprint Cup Season which will be Sunday Feb. 23rd with the Daytona 500.. Click on the following link for a complete Speed Week schedule: 2014 Speed Week Schedule
Local Sports Schedule: see above
- WLBG: Tomorrow at 3:00 pm Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the Greenwood Eagles… These are the final games of the regular season and the boys’ team is still fighting for a playoff berth… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens YMCA Registration for Spring Sports… The Laurens YMCA is registering youth for Tee Ball and Dixie Youth Baseball… Tee Ball & Dixie Youth is open to those ages 3-15 and registration closes March 17th… For more information about these call he Laurens YMCA at 984-2626 or go to the Y’s website www.laurensymca.org.
- City of Laurens Parks & Recreation Little League Baseball & Softball… Registration is also underway for Little League Baseball & Softball through the Laurens City Parks & Recreation Department… There are age appropriate divisions for youth ages 3 -12…. Registration will close February 19th and can be done at the Little River Park office during their normal business hours… Call 681-7275 for more information or go to the following website: www.laurenslittleleague.com.
- Clinton YMCA – City of Clinton Youth Baseball & Softball… Registration is now underway at the Clinton YMCA for youth baseball & softball… There are 7 different age groupings in baseball or girls’ softball for youth ages 3-15… The deadline to register without a $10 late fee is Feb. 18th…. Registration is at the Clinton YMCA during their normal business hours… For more information contact the YMCA at 833-1555…. By the way, they are looking for volunteer coaches also… Interested in that, contact Brian Shealy at the same number.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.