Local Sports Results:
- Golf: Yesterday the Red Devil Golf team participated in the Laurens Raider Invitational at Lakeside C.C… The Red Devils finished 3rd in the 6 team field shooting a 325 behind TL Hanna who shot 317 to finish first and Greenwood who had a team total of 319 to finish 2nd… Hunter Nichols shot a 2 over par 74 and won the tournament in the first playoff hole as he birdied it while his opponent made a par… Harrison Fisher had a very good round of 78, Michael Mann shot an 83 and Zach Davis shot a 90 to round out the scoring… Clinton is scheduled to have a three-way match with Woodruff and Abbeville today at Lakeside…
- Golf: The Laurens Raiders finished 4th in the Raider Invitational shooting a 337… Ryan Wright had the lowest score of all the Raiders with a 74… Jonathan Finley shot an 80, Patton Crocker 85, Will Franks 93 and Erick Dominick a 99 to round out the Raider scoring.
- SB: LDHS 14 – JL Mann 9… The Lady Raiders hosted the Lady Patriots of JL Mann and when the final out was recorded the Raiders took a 14-9 win though it was not easy… Laurens jumped out in front 8-1 after 3 innings but Mann put 6 on the board in the top of the 4th to make the game close… The Raiders got those 6 runs back over the next 2 innings but Mann picked up their final 2 runs in the 6th inning… Elizabeth Carman & Michaela Smith led the Raiders both going 3-4 and both had a 2-run homer… Maria Williamson was the only other Raider with more than 1 hit (2) … Allison Foreback picked up the complete game win giving up 13 hits and 9 earned runs while striking out 4 and walking 3… You can see more stats by clicking on the following: 14-3-24_SB_LDHS-Mann_Stats The Lady Raiders are now 8-3 on the season and 4-0 in region play…. They will be back in action as they travel to Greenville for the rematch with Mann.
- JV SB…Byrnes Tournament… This past weekend the Raider JV softball team participated in a JV Tournament at Byrnes High… The Raiders won 2 and lost 2 to finish 3rd in the Silver Division… They defeated Woodruff 5-4 and Byrnes 7-5… Their 2 loses were to Union 8-6 and Mauldin 10-2
- Soccer: Easley 1 – LDHS 0… Catching up with the boys’ soccer team from last Friday, they hosted the Green wave of Easley… It was a hard fought match but when it ended, Easley had taken a 1-0 win… Coach Dennis Balanta said afterwards, “We lost 1-0 against Easley. That was a very exciting game where we missed some clear goal opportunities. We played really well as a team. I made some changes in our defense and it was reflected in the game. Easley played really well. They scored during a free kick. We have to work hard on avoiding free kicks because the other teams always score us during free kicks. We don’t have tall players to put in the barrier. We have to start winning from now on if we want to make it to the play-off. We have a good team. All we have to do is practice and play with passion. Isaac Ayala was hurt. He played for a certain amount of time but he couldn’t really give the best of himself. We know he is Irvin’s partner when we want to score.” By the way, the girls lost 2-0 to Easley…. Sorry no details.
Local Sports Schedule: Weather permitting
Important Schedule Note: The LDHS varsity baseball game with JL Mann scheduled for 6:00 today has been moved back 24 hours because of the threat of bad weather and will be played at 6:00 tomorrow at LDHS
- Soccer @ Woodruff 5:30
- Golf host Woodruff & Abbeville @ Lakeside C.C. 4:00
- Tennis host Union 4:30
- Baseball @ Woodruff 6:00
- JV & varsity softball host Woodruff 5:00 / 7:00 Varsity game can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Track @ Dorman for a meet with Dorman & Pendleton 5:00
- Soccer at TL Hanna 5:30
- Golf vs. Greenwood @ Stoney Point 4:00
- Tennis host TL Hanna 5:00
- Baseball @ Anderson Home School 7:00
- Golf @ Wardlaw 4:00
- Softball host Spartanburg Christian
- Tomorrow the Raider baseball team will host the JL Mann with the first pitch scheduled for 6:00… Hope you can make out to the game but if you cannot, join us on Real Radio 860 an on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- On Friday the Raider softball team will host Westside in a varsity –JV doubleheader… That can is also scheduled to be carried on Real radio 860 WLBG…. That will also be the Cancer Awareness Game… Player introductions will include the person(s) each player is dedicating the game in honor or memory of… Anyone being honored as a cancer survivor can be on the field during player introductions… The players will be wearing special purple jerseys to bring awareness to all types of cancer… There will be donation jars and all donations are going to the Laurens County Relay for Life. Relay for Life luminaries will be available for purchase also. There will be a candle lighting before the game. One for those being honored and one for those being remembered… Please come out and support the girls as they shine the light on Cancer of all types and raise money for Relay for Life
- Today the Lady Red Devils softball teams are scheduled to host the Lady Wolverines of Woodruff… The varsity game is scheduled to start at 7:00 pm and Buddy & Jimmy will have all the action for you on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC.
FYI / Community Interest:
- On Thursday April 3rd the Laurens YMCA will be hosting the Cal Ripken Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic at Collyar Park from 6:00 – 9:00 pm… It is open to youth ages 6-14. Now it is a free clinic but you MUST register prior to the day of the clinic. For complete information about the clinic and how to register, click on the following: Cal Ripken Clinic 2014
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.