Local Sports Results:
- BB: CHS 2 – Woodruff 1… The Red Devil baseball team traveled to Woodruff last night and the ride home was a pleasant one as the Red Devils took a 2-1 win over the Wolverines… The Wolverines got their run in the bottom of the first inning but Clinton responded and tied the game with a run in the top of the second… Clinton picked up the winning run in the top of the 6th inning when Landon Allison drove in Matt Craven with a sacrifice fly… Peyton Spangler and the Clinton defense than held the Wolverines scoreless the rest of the way to preserve the win… The Red Devils had only 4 hits to Woodruff’s 6 and Landon Allison was the only Clinton player with more than 1 hit (2)… Spangler picked up the complete game win striking out 5 and walking none… Coach Atkinson commented afterward: “We had a great TEAM win tonight. Spangler scattered 6 hits, giving up 1 run. Our defense was phenomenal by committing no errors. The high light defensively was in the 4th win Austin Foster laid out and caught a line drive, robbing the woodruff hitter of an RBI single which ended the inning. We managed a run in the 2nd with the help of an error. Landon Allison had a huge sac fly to Right Center Scoring Matthew Craven in the top of the 6th giving us the lead. We travel to Laurens Thursday, the host Union Friday night 6:00 starts for both.” Click on the following for more game statistics: 14-3-25_BB_CHS-Woodruff_Stats_Box
- SB: Woodruff 5 – Clinton 0… The Lady Red Devil softball team hosted the Lady Wolverines of Woodruff and the news was not as good as the Woodruff took a 5-0 win over Clinton… Jessica Wood gave up only 5 hits unfortunately one of them was a 3-run homer in the 3rd inning which put Woodruff up 3-0 and Clinton was never able to cut into the score with their 5 hits… Allison Oxner went 2-3 to lead Clinton’s offense… Brittany Wright, Kayleigh Pitts & Mason Paige Gambrell each had a hit for the Red Devils… Clinton is now 4-6 overall and 0-1 in region play.
- JV SB: Woodruff 17 – CHS 0… The JV team is now 2-3 on the season.
- Soccer: Woodruff 4 – Clinton 1… The Clinton soccer team also traveled to Woodruff and they trailed 1-0 at the half but Woodruff added 3 more goals in the 2nd half to take a 4-1 win over the Red Devils… Nolan Boozer had the lone goal for Clinton… Clinton had 14 shots on goal to Woodruffs 8 but could just not find the net.
- Golf: Clinton 171 – Abbeville 200… Clinton defeated Abbeville Tuesday at Lakeside C.C. 171-200. Clinton’s number 1 golfer, Hunter Nichols was sitting out due to a back injury and sophomore Harrison Fisher stepped in the number one spot and filled in for Nichols shooting a two under par 34 to win medalist honors for the match. Fisher was 1 over par heading into the par 5 4th when he went on a 3- hole birdie string to move to 2 under and pared the remaining 3 holes to shoot 34. Zach Davis was 7 over after four holes and was even par on the remaining 5 holes to shoot a 43, Michael Mann and jay Addison both shot 47 to round out the scoring as the Red Devils moved to 3-1 on the season and will host Broome and Union County on Thursday…. Narrative by Coach Wofford
- Tennis: Hannah 7 – LDHS 0… The Raider boys’ tennis team hosted TL Hannah yesterday afternoon and both teams played in the cold and the wind but seemed to have no affect on Hanna as they took a 7-0 win over the Raiders… For comments and results as reported by Coach Corley, click on the following: 3-25-14_Hanna
- JV BB: Back on Monday, the Raider JV baseball team traveled to BHP to take on the Bears in a doubleheader… The Bears have a traditionally strong program and they showed that as they defeated Laurens in both games by scores of 6-0 and 2-0… The Raider JV team is now 2-3-1 on the season.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Tennis host Blue Ridge 4:30
- Lacrosse hot Christ Church 5:30
- Note: JV baseball game with Laurens schedule for today has been postponed.
- Tennis at Hillcrest 5:00
- Varsity softball at JL Mann 6:00
- Varsity baseball host JL Mann 6:00 Can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG.
- Note: JV baseball game at Clinton schedule for today has been postponed
- Today the Raider baseball team will host the JL Mann with the first pitch scheduled for 6:00… Hope you can make out to the game but if you cannot, join us on Real Radio 860 an on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- On Friday the Raider softball team will host Westside in a varsity –JV doubleheader… That can is also scheduled to be carried on Real radio 860 WLBG…. That will also be the Cancer Awareness Game… Player introductions will include the person(s) each player is dedicating the game in honor or memory of… Anyone being honored as a cancer survivor can be on the field during player introductions… The players will be wearing special purple jerseys to bring awareness to all types of cancer… There will be donation jars and all donations are going to the Laurens County Relay for Life. Relay for Life luminaries will be available for purchase also. There will be a candle lighting before the game. One for those being honored and one for those being remembered… Please come out and support the girls as they shine the light on Cancer of all types and raise money for Relay for Life
- Tomorrow the Red Devil baseball team will travel to Laurens to take on the Raiders in the first of two games between the cross-county rivals this season… Hope you can make it over to the game you can catch Buddy and Jimmy as they bring you all the action a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
FYI / Community Interest:
- On Thursday April 3rd the Laurens YMCA will be hosting the Cal Ripken Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic at Collyar Park from 6:00 – 9:00 pm… It is open to youth ages 6-14. Now it is a free clinic but you MUST register prior to the day of the clinic. For complete information about the clinic and how to register, click on the following: Cal Ripken Clinic 2014
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.