Local Sports Results:
- Tennis: CHS 6 – Blue Ridge 1 … Sorry no details on this match last night
- Tennis: CHS 4 – Union County 3… This match was held on Tuesday and again sorry but no details.
- BB: LDHS 10 – JL Mann 0… The Raider varsity baseball team broke a 2-game losing streak last night with a 10-0 win over JL Mann in 5 innings at Ed Prescott Field… The Raiders scored in each of the 5 innings played and Tanner Adair took the complete game win working out of a bases loaded situation in the 2nd inning… The Raiders had 11 hits and Hammer Walker, Thomas Jones, Cody Smiley and Tanner Adair all had 2 hits each… Coach Nelson said after the game he was pleased with the workman like effort in the game…. For more game statistics including the box score click on the following link: 14-3-26_LDHS_BB-Hanna_stats For the game scorecard click on the following: 14-3-26_L-BB–Mann_scorecard The Raiders are now 6-2 on the season and 3-2 in the region… The Raiders will host the Clinton Red Devils today in a 6:00 pm contest that can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC.
- SB: LDHS 8 – JL Mann 6… For the second time in 3 days the Lady Raider softball team faced off with the JL Mann Lady Patriot team this time in Greenville… And for the second time in 3 days the Lady Raiders took the win, this time by a score of 8-6… Maria Williamson led the Raider attack going 3-3 with a triple and a 2-run homer… Tara Bond, Mattie Cantrell, Bayee Bragg and Bailey Gibbs all had 2 hits in the game… Allison Foreback picked up the win with Logan Hill pitching 2 outs in relief… Click on the following for more game statistics: 14-3-26_SB_LDHS-Mann_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-3-26_SB_LDHS-Mann_Scorecard The Lady Raiders are now 9-3 overall and 5-0 in region play…. They will return home tomorrow night in a JV-varsity doubleheader with Westside which will be a special cancer awareness night.
- Tennis: Hillcrest 5 – LDHS 2… The Raider tennis team traveled to Hillcrest yesterday to take on the Rams… The Raiders played the Rams tough but lost to the Rams 5-2… Two match tiebreakers which went to the Rams was the difference… Thomas Hughes took one of the wins at the #1 singles spot and Hughes teamed with Colin John to take a win as the #1 doubles team… Now for more match details from Coach Corley, click on the following: 3-26-14_Hillcrest
- Golf: Greenwood 160 – LDHS 169… The Raider golf team traveled to Stoney Point back on Tuesday to take on the Greenwood Eagles…. Both teams had to battle some windy conditions and when the final put was made, the Eagles had taken a 160-169 win over the Raiders… Ryan Wright had the low score for the Raiders with a 37 just 1 shot behind match medalist Jon Lewis Parker of Greenwood… After the match Coach Jim Iacuone had these comments; “I thought we played well considering the windy conditions. Our lowest team score of the season. Jon Lewis Parker of Greenwood was medalist with an even par 36. We got a good score from Bailey Dunlap. He played well on the second 9 during the Laurens Raider Invitational and it continued into Tuesday’s match. We also had good score from Ryan Wright (+1) and Jonathan Finley (+2)….The varsity team travel to Star Fort GC on Saturday for the Tee Off Classic hosted by 96 High School”…. The JV team was defeated by Greenwood 189-228… Click on the following for match score details: 3-25-14_LDHS Golf at Greenwood
- SB: Spartanburg Christian 13 – LA 4… Back on Tuesday the Lady Crusaders of Laurens Academy hosted Spartanburg Christian and unfortunately lost 13-4
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV & varsity softball host Broome 5:00 / 7:00
- Golf host Broome & Union County @ Lakeside C.C. 4:00
- Tennis @ Chapman 4:30
- JV baseball host Union County 6:00
- Varsity baseball @ Laurens 6:00 can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Track vs. Hillcrest & TL Hanna at TL Hanna 5:00
- Soccer host Hillcrest 5:30
- Tennis host JL Mann 5:00
- Varsity baseball host Clinton 6:00 can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Baseball host Newberry 6:00
- Golf at Oakbrook 4:00
- Tomorrow the Raider softball team is scheduled to host Westside in a varsity –JV doubleheader… That can is also scheduled to be carried on Real radio 860 WLBG…. That will also be the Cancer Awareness Game… Player introductions will include the person(s) each player is dedicating the game in honor or memory of… Anyone being honored as a cancer survivor can be on the field during player introductions… The players will be wearing special purple jerseys to bring awareness to all types of cancer… There will be donation jars and all donations are going to the Laurens County Relay for Life. Relay for Life luminaries will be available for purchase also. There will be a candle lighting before the game. One for those being honored and one for those being remembered… Please come out and support the girls as they shine the light on Cancer of all types and raise money for Relay for Life.
- Next Tuesday the Raider baseball team will host the Wildcats of Woodmont in a JV – Varsity doubleheader… The varsity game will start at 7:30 and if you can’t make it to the game tune into Real Radio 860 WLBG about that time… Remember we also stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- Tomorrow the Red Devil baseball team will travel to Laurens to take on the Raiders in the first of two games between the cross-county rivals this season… Hope you can make it over to the game you can catch Buddy and Jimmy as they bring you all the action a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
FYI / Community Interest:
- On Thursday April 3rd the Laurens YMCA will be hosting the Cal Ripken Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic at Collyar Park from 6:00 – 9:00 pm… It is open to youth ages 6-14. Now it is a free clinic but you MUST register prior to the day of the clinic. For complete information about the clinic and how to register, click on the following: Cal Ripken Clinic 2014
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.