Local Sports Results:
- BB: CHS 10 – Newberry 0…. The Red Devil baseball team hosted Newberry last night and it only took them 5 innings to send the Bulldogs back down the road with a 10-0 loss… Bradley Templeton pitched a 1 hit complete game striking out 7 and walking none… Clinton scored in each of the 4 innings they batted with the big inning coming in the 2nd when they put 6 runs on the board… Josh Simmons, Okevius Conway, Landon Allison and Kendall Pitts each had 2 hits for the Red Devils… After the game Coach Lee Atkinson stated “Bradley Templeton threw a heck of a game. We were able to get 9 hits breaking us out of a slump we were in for 2 weeks. I hope we can continue the hitting on Wednesday when Broome comes to town’…. Click on the following for the game’s box score and Clinton statistics: 14-3-31_BB_CHS-Newberry_Stats_Box Click on the following for the scorecard:14-3-31_BB_CHS-Newberry_Scorecard
- SB: Union County 12 – CHS 2… Yesterday the CHS Lady Red Devil softball teams traveled to Union County to make up games rained out last Friday… In varsity action, UC took a 12-2 win over Clinton… Jessica Wood took the loss giving up 9 hits while striking out 8 and walking 4… Brittany Wright and Cassie Nichols led the Red Devil each going 2-3.
- JV SB: Union County 15 – CHS 2.
- BB: JL Mann 6 – LDHS 4…. The Laurens Raider baseball team traveled to Greenville last night to take on the JL Mann Patriots…. The ride back down I-385 was not a pleasant one for the Raiders as Mann took a 6-4 win…. Mann put a total of 6 runs on the board in the first 2 innings then held on to take the win…. The Raiders had 7 hits to Mann’s 6 with Thomas Jones and Trae Coleman each getting 2 hits to lead the Raiders… Tanner Adair got the start on the mound and took the loss pitching 1⅔ innings with the Raiders using a total of 4 hurlers on the day… Click on the following for game box score and statistics: 14-3-31_LDHS_BB-Mann_stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-3-31_LDHS_BB-Mann_scorecard The Raiders will be back in action today as they host Woodmont in a JV –varsity double header…. The varsity game is scheduled to start at 7:30 and I hope you can make it out to the game… But if you can’t you can catch all the action here on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- Brewers 2 – Braves 0… The Braves opened up the 2014 season on the road in Milwaukee and fell to the Brewers 2-0 … The Braves had 5 hits to the Brewers 8 and Andrelton Simmons was the only Brave to get more than 1 hit (2)… Julio Teheran took the loss…. The Braves and the Brewers will play agin at 8:10 in Milwaukee..
- Clemson vs. SMU…. Good luck to the Clemson men’s basketball team as they take on SMU in a semifinal game in the NIT tonight… The game will be at 7:00 and can be seen on ESPN2.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Soccer host BHP 5:30
- JV & varsity host Woodmont 4:30 / 7:30… Varsity fame can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG huts about 6:30
- Today the Raider baseball team will host the Wildcats of Woodmont in a JV – Varsity doubleheader… The varsity game will start at 7:30 and if you can’t make it to the game tune into Real Radio 860 WLBG about that time… Remember we also stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- On Friday (4-4-14) the Raider baseball team will host region foes the Eagles of Greenwood in a JV – Varsity doubleheader… The varsity game will start at 7:30 and if you can’t make it to the game tune into Real Radio 860 WLBG about that time… Remember we also stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- On Tuesday April 8th the Lady Red Devil softball teams will host Chester in Region 3-AAA action… The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:00 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
FYI / Community Interest:
- On Thursday April 3rd the Laurens YMCA will be hosting the Cal Ripken Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic at Collyar Park from 6:00 – 9:00 pm… It is open to youth ages 6-14. Now it is a free clinic but you MUST register prior to the day of the clinic. For complete information about the clinic and how to register, click on the following: Cal Ripken Clinic 2014
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.