Local Sports Results:
- BB: CHS 6 – Broome 2… Last night the Red Devils hosted the Broome Centurions in Region 3-AAA action… Good news for Red Devil fans as Clinton took a 6-2 win over Broome to run their region record to 3-1… There was no score in the first inning but the Red Devils scored a single run in each of the next 4 innings and 2 in the 6th in route to the win… Broome put both of their runs on the board in the 6th inning… Kendall Pitts led the Red Devils 10 hit attack going 3-4 with an RBI… Matthew Craven was the only other Red Devil with more than 1 hit going 2-3…. Peyton Spangler got the start going 5⅓ innings giving up 2 earned runs on 8 hits while striking out 4 and walking 1… O’Kevius Conway pitched the balance of the game giving up no hits, striking out 2 and walking none… Afterward Coach Atkinson stated “That was a big Region win for us… We are now 3-1 in the region, headed to Chester next Tuesday…We were not as sharp tonight, but were good enough to win.” Click on the following for more game statistics: 14-4-2_BB_CHS-Broome_Stats_Box Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-4-2_BB_CHS-Broome_Scorecard The next ball game for the Red Devils is a JV-Varsity doubleheader at Chester next Tuesday…
- BB: Clemson 4 – Winthrop 2… The No. 15 Clemson Tigers scored four runs in the fifth inning to defeat Winthrop 4-2 Wednesday night at Doug Kingsmore Stadium and take their 5th win in a row… Steve Wilkerson went 3-3 and Jay Baum went 2-3 to be the only Tigers with more than 1 hit… Clate Schmidt picked up the win working 5⅓ innings… The Tigers will host NC State in a 3-game series starting Saturday at 1:00
- South Carolina: The South Carolina Gamecocks will travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas today to start a 3-game series with the Razorbacks… The first pitch tonight is scheduled for 8:00 ET and can be heard on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… It is also scheduled to be on ESPNU.
- NIT: Well SMU (which eliminated Clemson in the semifinals) will take on Minnesota tonight at 7:00… It will be broadcast on ESPN.
- Braves 1 – Brewers 0… After losing the first game of the season to the Milwaukee Brewers on Monday, the Braves bounced and won on Tuesday night so last night’s contest was for the series win… Good news for Braves fans as the Bravos took a 1-0 win over the Brew Crew… Chris Johnson had a solo homer for the Braves in the 7th inning and Braves made it stand up to take the series 2 games to 1… The Braves will take today off and open a 3-game series with the Nationals in Washington with a 1:05 game tomorrow.
- Greenville Drive… The Greenville Drive will kick-off the 2014 season tonight on the road in Kannapolis, NC where they will take on the Intimidators tonight at 7:05… After this 4-game series with Kannapolis, the Drive will head to the coast to take on the Charleston River Dogs and will not have their home opener until 1 week from tonight.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV baseball at Emerald 6:00
- Tomorrow the Raider baseball team will host region foes the Eagles of Greenwood in a JV – Varsity doubleheader… The varsity game will start at 7:30 and if you can’t make it to the game tune into Real Radio 860 WLBG about that time… Remember we also stream live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- On Tuesday April 8th the Lady Red Devil softball teams will host Chester in Region 3-AAA action… The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:00 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.