Local Sports Results: Well the weather pretty much laid waste to yesterday’s high school sports schedule.. Here is what I know about reschedules at this time:
- Clinton C-team baseball… host Ninety Six on Saturday 4-12-14 at 11:00 am, Doubleheader
- Laurens varsity & JV softball… host TL Hanna on Monday 4-28-14
- Laurens boys tennis… host Easley at Laurens City Courts on Monday, 4-21-14 at 5:00
- Note about today: The Clinton soccer match @ Chester scheduled for today will be played Thursday (4-10-14) at 6:00.
Laurens County Speedway: racing started back last Saturday night and lets recap the results in the first races of the year
- Super Stock 4… T.J. Baker took a win but it was not an easy one as he had to fight off Joe Gibson as the two made contact in the last lap… Scott Nelson finished 2nd and JR Baker 3rd.
- Hobby… Chris Patterson finished 1st with Bobby Tucker and Tim Tollison the next 2 across the finish line behind him.
- Front-Wheel Drive… Travis Caldwell took the lead a little over half way through the race and then went on to take the win… Travis Jamieson finished 2nd and Ricky Hill 3rd.
- Crates… Terry Bullard led wire to wire in this race and finished 1st… Winning the battle for 2nd & 3rd were Butch Riddle and Chris Pendleton.
NCAA Men’s Championship… The University of Connecticut became the first #7 seed to win the men’s championship last night as they defeated Kentucky 60-54… Kentucky never led and were down by as many as 15 points in the second half… UConn finished the season 32-8 and Kentucky 29-11.
Ryan Wright… LDHS golfer Ryan Wright participated in a tournament at the Chateau Elon in Georgia sponsored by PGA superstars around the country… Wright finished 4th carding 2 birdies on 3 of his last hole… By the way, the real PGA season kicks off this week with the Masters taking place down in Augusta… The practice rounds were rained out today.
- NC State 7 – Clemson 1… Believe it or not the Clemson Tigers and NC State did play last night at We Don’t Care How Wet it is Doug Kingsmore Stadium… NC State took the game 7-1 to win 2 of 3 games in the current series… The Tigers host the Georgia Bulldogs tonight at 6:30 … It can be seen on CSS & ESPN3.
- South Carolina… The Gamecocks dropped 2 of 3 games to the Arkansas Razorbacks in Fayetteville over the weekend and dropped to 4th or 5th depending on what poll you look at in this week’s rankings… The Gamecocks will be in Greenville tonight to take on the Furman Paladins at Flour Field with first pitch scheduled for 7:00… No TV that I know of for the game.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV & varsity baseball @ Chester 5:00 / 7:30
- Tennis @ Riverside 4:30
- Golf host Newberry at Lakeside CC 4:00
- JV & varsity softball host Chester 5:00 / 7:00 varsity game can be heard on Sports radio 1410 WPCC
- JV & varsity baseball @ Hillcrest 5:00 / 7:30
- Tennis host Westside 5:00
- Golf team will be at Bonnie Brae to take on Woodmont 4:30
- Soccer will be at JL Mann 5:30
- Track will host JL Mann 5:00
- JV & varsity softball host Hillcrest 5:30 / 7:30 Varsity game can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG
- Baseball @ Newberry 6:00
- Softball @ St Joseph’ 5:00
- Today the Lady Raiders will host the Hillcrest Rams in a very important region contest…. Real Radio 860 WLBG will bring you the varsity game starting about 7:30
- On Thursday the Raider baseball team will travel to Clinton to take on the Red Devils in round 2 of the cross-county rivalry… First pitch in the varsity game is now scheduled for 7:30… Hope you can make it to the game but if you can’t you can catch all the action on Real Radio 860 WLBG and online at www.wlbg.com.
- Today the Lady Red Devil softball teams will host Chester in Region 3-AAA action… The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:00 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.