Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: Monday, 4-14-14
Welcome to your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports and it’s brought to you by the Laurens YMCA… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
Local Sports Results:
- Soccer: BHP 1 – CHS 0… The Red Devil soccer team traveled to BHP last Friday and BHP took a 1-0 win over the Red Devils…. Simply put, BHP took 25 shots on goal to Clinton’s 4… Clinton drops t0 2-10 over all but is still 2-2 in region play… They are scheduled to be back in action tomorrow when they host Union County at 5:30
- Tennis: Christ Church 6 – CHS 0…. Catching up on some Red Devil tennis action from last Thursday, Clinton hosted Christ Church and the Red Devils came up on the short side of a 6-0 score to the perennially strong Cavaliers…. Robert Powell played especially well and lost only by a couple of points in each set… The Red Devils are now 4-3 on the season but undefeated in region play with a 3-0 record…. Click on the following for more match details: CHS-Tennis-4-10-14-Chr_Chur
- Tennis: Riverside 6 – CHS 1…. The Red Devil tennis team was also in action last Tuesday up at Riverside H.S…. Riverside took a 6-1 win with Robert Powell at the #3 singles spot taking the lone win… Click on the following for match information: CHS-Tennis-4-8-14-River
- Important Note: The varsity baseball game scheduled for tomorrow at Union County H.S. may be rescheduled for today at 5:00 pm… That is what the coaches hope to do to get ahead of forecast bad weather but it will be later this morning before they “officially” make that change… If that is the case, WPCC which was supposed to be brining you the game tomorrow will not be bringing it to you today… As soon as we know something definitive, we will put up a posting at www.wpcconline.com.
- BB: LDHS 3 – Easley 2…. Friday night the Laurens Raider baseball team traveled to Easley to take on the Green Wave in Region I-AAAA action… The Raiders fell behind quickly 2-o at the end of the first inning but rallied to take a 3-2 win… Laurens got 1 of the runs back in the 2nd inning when Trae Coleman doubled driving in Tanner Adair who singled to lead off the inning… The Raiders got the other 2 runs in the fourth inning when Adair and Toby Jackson both singled to lead off the inning… After reaching 3rd & 2nd base on a Trae Coleman sacrifice, Adair later scored on a single by Cole Blocker and Jackson on a single by Thomas Jones… Cody Smiley then shut down the Green Wave the rest of the way with a double play helping him escape a bases loaded with 1 out in the 5th situation… Smiley picked up the complete game win giving up 11 hits while striking out 3 and walking 2… Tanner Adair led the Raiders going 2-3 … Click on the following for more game statistics: 14-4-11_LDHS_BB-Easley_stats The Raiders are now 10-5 on the season and 6-4 in region play…. They are scheduled to start participation in the Carolina Classic at Eastside High School tonight facing Blue Ridge with first pitch scheduled for 7:30.
- SB: LDHS 5 – – Easley 2… Just about the time the Raider baseball team was finishing up their game at Easley, the Lady Raider softball team started their game against Easley at home on Dinner on the Diamond Night with sole possession of first place in the region on the line… The Lady Raiders prevailed 5-4 but they had to score the winning run in the bottom of the 7th inning to do after leading 4-0 at the end of 2innings… Michaela Smith doubled to lead off the decisive 7th inning and then moved to third on a wild pitch… Maria Williamson then had an infield singled that Smith could not advance on… Jordan Henderson then laid down a bunt that brought Smith home with the winning run making the Raiders a perfect 9-0 in region play and dropping Easley to 9-2… Click on the following for more game statistics: 14-4-11_SB_LDHS-Easley_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-4-11_SB_LDHS-Easley_Scorecard The Lady Raiders take a week long break from completion and will return to action a week from today as they travel to Easley for a rematch with the Green Wave.
- JV SB: Easley 6 – LDHS 2… The JV softball team is now 7-5 on the season.
Local Sports Schedule:
JV softball @ Spartanburg DH 5:00
Varsity softball host Spartanburg DH 5:00
Baseball vs. Blue Ridge in Carolina Classic @ Eastside High 7:30
Baseball host Christ Church 7:00
Softball at WW King 5:00
- On Tuesday (4-22-14) the Raider baseball team will be hosting the Rams of Westside… First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 and we hope you can make it to the game but if not, catch all the action on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming online at www.wlbg.com.
- See Above: Tomorrow the Red Devil varsity baseball team will be in Union taking on the Union County Yellow Jackets in a JV-Varsity doubleheader… … The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:30 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.