- BB: Union County 4 – Clinton 1…. The Red Devil varsity baseball team traveled to Union yesterday to take on the Yellow Jackets in region play… The ride back home was not as joyous as it could be because Union took a 4-1 win over Clinton… As Coach Lee Atkinson put it after the game “We came out a little flat today and left too many men on base. Union did a great job getting their runners in and that was the difference.”… Clinton trailed 4-0 after 4 innings and got their lone run in the 6th inning when O’Kevius Conway reached on a walk with 1 out and moved to third on a single by Colby Templeton… Conway then scored on a single by Blake Riddle…. Peyton Spangler had 2 of Clinton’s 6 going 2-4…. Click on the following for the game box score and statistics: 14-4-14_BB_CHS-Union_Stats_Box Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-4-14_BB_CHS-Union_Stats_Scorecard The Red Devils are now 8-9 on the season and 4-2 in region play.
- SB: Game 1: Clinton 10 – Spartanburg 5… The Lady red Devil varsity softball team hosted the Lady Vikings of Spartanburg in a doubleheader composed of two 5-inning games… In the first game, Clinton took a 10-5 win… The Red Devils scored in every inning but 1 and scored those 10 runs on just 7 hits… Kayleigh Pitts led Clinton going 3-3 at the plate with an RBI… Jessica Wood picked up the win with Pitts facing 8 batters in the game… Click on the following for the game box score and statistics: 14-4-14_Clinton_SB_vs_Spt_Gm_1_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-4-14_Clinton_SB_vs_Spt_Gm_1_Scorecard
- SB: game 2: Clinton 23 – Spartanburg 3… The Lady Red Devils picked right back up in game 2 and exploded as they took a 22-3 win over the Lady Vikings… Clinton was offensively by Brittany Templeton 3/4, Kayleigh Pitts 1/1 with 3 RBI’s and 3 walks, Cassie Nichols 1/3 with 2 RBI’s, Molly Scarborough 3/4 with 2 RBI’s, Katie Roland 4/4, and Shauna Goforth 3/3… Jessica Wood pitched 1 inning giving up 3 hits, 0 walks, 0 K’s…. Kylie Griffin pitched 2 innings giving up 4 hits, 1 walk, and 4 K’s. … CHS had 1 defensive error… The team is now 8-9 on the season and is scheduled to Union County today in a JV-varsity doubleheader…
- JV SB… The Clinton JV softball team traveled to Spartanburg yesterday and took 2 wins from Spartanburg… Check back tomorrow for scores and details.
LDHS: I need to do a little catching up with the Raider boys golf team
- LDHS 171 – Woodmont 183… A week ago today, the LDHS boys’ golf teams traveled to Bonnie Brae G.C. to take on the Woodmont Wildcats… The varsity team defeated Woodmont 171-183 with Ryan Wright being the match medalist shooting a 38… Other varsity scores were Jonathan Finley 43, Bailey Dunlap 44, and Nick Brown 45…. The JV team also faced off against the Wildcats and defeated them 210-239…. Individual JV scores were Will Franks 45, Justin Holliday 49, Brady Davis 52, and Wade Bishop 53.
- LDHS 168 – JL Mann 170… Then last Thursday, the Raider golf teams hosted JL Mann at Lakeside CC… Good news as the Raider varsity squad picked up their 2nd win in a row defeating Mann 168-170… Also for the second match in a row, Ryan Wright was the match medalist with a 38… Other Raider scores were Jonathan Finley 39, Patton Croker 45, and Justin Holliday 46…. The JV team was also in action but they were defeated by Mann 208-173…. The Raiders will be back in action Thursday April 17 when they host Greenwood.
- LA Baseball: Last Thursday the LA baseball team defeated Newberry 10-1 and yesterday they lost the Christ Church 8-2… Check back tomorrow for more details on these games
Local Sports Schedule:
Tennis host Woodruff 4:30
JV & varsity softball host Union County 5:00 / 7:00
Soccer host Union County 5:20
Baseball vs. Wade Hampton @ Eastside HS 7:30
Soccer at Greenwood 5:30
Track host Lexington & Greenwood 5:00
Baseball host Woodruff 6:00
Softball @ Christ Church 5:00
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
- On Tuesday (4-22-14) the Raider baseball team will be hosting the Rams of Westside… First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 and we hope you can make it to the game but if not, catch all the action on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming online at www.wlbg.com.
- On Monday (4-21-14) the Lady Red Devil softball teams will be in Spartanburg taking on the Lady Centurions of Broome in a JV-Varsity doubleheader… … The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:00 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.