- Soccer: Clinton 10 – Union County 1… The Red Devil soccer team hosted the Yellow Jackets of Union County yesterday and good news as the team improved it’s region record to 3-2 with a 10-1 win over the Jackets… Clinton was paced by Madison Simpson who had 5 goals on the night… Nolan Boozer had 2, and with one each were Michael Richey, Jon Barnes & Chris Wright… Clinton’s offense obviously kept Union backed up all night as Clinton had 29 shots on goal to Unions 4… The Red Devils are scheduled to travel to Saluda today for a 5:30 match.
- Austin Nobles Signs with North Greenville… Yesterday morning CHS senior Austin Nobles signed a letter of intent to attend North Greenville University and run on their track and cross country teams… Click on the following link or see the Between the Lines section on our home page to see a video interview done with him after the signing where he talks about why he chose North Greenville and his future plans. : Austin Nobles Signing Interview
- JV Softball… Back on Monday the JV softball team traveled to Spartanburg HS and picked up 2 wins by scores of 21-5 & 18-8… Dianna Martin pitched the 1st game and got the win. Beth Wiggins pitched the 2nd game and got the win… Both pitchers did great job of throwing strikes and limiting the number of walks they allowed. Gracie Templeton, Madison Burton,Hunter Benson, Makayla Pearson, Jasmine Coleman, Mary Katherine Kelly, Diana Martin, and Elizabeth Childress all hit the ball well during both games… Coach Eddie Romines stated he was proud of the team effort and everyone got to play
- Soccer: Woodmont 3 – Laurens 2… Last Friday the Raider soccer teams hosted the Woodmont Wildcats… In boy’s action, Woodmont took a 3-1 win… Isaac Ayala scored the first goal of the game but Woodmont scored 3 times before Ayala scored again making the final 3-2… Coach Balanta said afterward there were too many mistakes that cost the team the match.
- LDHS 171 – Woodmont 183… A week ago today, the LDHS boys’ golf teams traveled to Bonnie Brae G.C. to take on the Woodmont Wildcats… The varsity team defeated Woodmont 171-183 with Ryan Wright being the match medalist shooting a 38… Other varsity scores were Jonathan Finley 43, Bailey Dunlap 44, and Nick Brown 45…. The JV team also faced off against the Wildcats and defeated them 210-239…. Individual JV scores were Will Franks 45, Justin Holliday 49, Brady Davis 52, and Wade Bishop 53.
- LDHS 168 – JL Mann 170… Then last Thursday, the Raider golf teams hosted JL Mann at Lakeside CC… Good news as the Raider varsity squad picked up their 2nd win in a row defeating Mann 168-170… Also for the second match in a row, Ryan Wright was the match medalist with a 38… Other Raider scores were Jonathan Finley 39, Patton Croker 45, and Justin Holliday 46…. The JV team was also in action but they were defeated by Mann 208-173…. The Raiders will be back in action Thursday April 17 when they host Greenwood.
- Clemson 9 – Coastal Carolina 6… The #20 Clemson Tiger baseball team improved its record to 21-14 as they took a 9-6 win at Clemson last night.
- Charleston Southern 4 – South Carolina 1… The #6 Gamecocks of South Carolina played host to Charleston Southern last night and they proved to be too good a host as C.S. took a 4-1 win over the Gamecocks… South Carolina is now 28-8 on the season.
Local Sports Schedule:
Varsity softball will host Union County 6:00 –Make-up of yesterday’s game… Also Military Appreciation Day
Tennis host Emerald 4:30
JV baseball @ Woodruff 6:00
Golf @ Chapman 4:00
Soccer @ Saluda 5:30
Base ball vs. Eastside @ Eastside 6:00
Tennis @ Union County 5:00
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
- On Tuesday (4-22-14) the Raider baseball team will be hosting the Rams of Westside… First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 and we hope you can make it to the game but if not, catch all the action on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming online at www.wlbg.com.
- On Monday (4-21-14) the Lady Red Devil softball teams will be in Spartanburg taking on the Lady Centurions of Broome in a JV-Varsity doubleheader… … The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:00 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.