Local Sports Results:
- Golf: Chapman 163 – Clinton 166 – Broome 184… The Red Devil golf team split a three way match with Chapman and Broome yesterday at Village Greens Golf Course. Chapman shot a 163 to Clinton’s 166 and Broome’s 184…. Clinton’s Hunter Nichols was match medalist shooting a 3 under 33… Harrison Fisher shot a 4 over 40, Zach Davis shot an 8 over 44 and Michael Mann shot a 49 to round out the scoring for Clinton… Afterwards Coach Chris Wofford stated “We were 22 over as a team in our match and 7 over on just one hole… We must eliminate mistakes like this if we want to compete for the region championship.”Clinton is 9-3 overall and will travel to Broome tomorrow for a three-way match with Broome and Woodruff.
- JV BB: Emerald 2 – Clinton 0… The Red Devil JV baseball team made-up a game with Emerald last night and unfortunately the Emerald pitcher had his “good stuff:” as he allowed just 2 hits as the Vikings took a 2-0 win over the Red Devils… Charlie Craven and Tristan Smaltz each had a hit in the game.
- SB: Broome 2 – Clinton 1… The Clinton softball teams traveled to Spartanburg last night to take on the Lady Centurions of Broome… Usually when you out hit a team 8-4 you expect to win but that was not the case last night as Broome took a 2-1 win over Clinton… Broome picked up single runs in the first & third innings of Clinton starter Jessica Wood…. Clinton’s run came in the 5th inning when Kalen Richardson led off the inning with a hit.. Then with 2 outs, a walk and 2 hits got Richardson in…. Brittany Templeton went 2-4 to lead the Lady Red Devils. Allison Oxner, Kayleigh Pitts, Jessica Wood, Molly Scarborough, Cassie Nichols and Richardson each had 1 hit… The Red Devils will be back in action today as they travel to Woodruff to take on the Lady Wolverines in a JV-Varsity DH.
- SB: Laurens 6 – Easley 2… After 10 days off, the Lady Raider softball team got back into action as they traveled to Easley to take on the Lady Green Wave…. The team kept its record in region play a spotless 10-0 as they defeated the Green Wave 6-2… Laurens jumped out 4-1 after 2 innings of play and never looked back… Logan Hill picked up the win going 6 innings giving up just 1 run on 7 hits… Allison Foreback pitched the final inning giving up 1 run on 1 hit… The Raiders only needed 8 hits to get their 6 runs and Jordan Henderson was the only Raider to get more than 1 hit going 2-4 with 2 RBIs… Click on the following link to see more game statistics: 14-4-21_SB_LDHS-Easley_Stats Click on the following to see the game scorecard: 14-4-21_SB_LDHS-Easley_Scorecard The team will be back in action today as they travel to Westside for a JV / varsity doubleheader.
- BB: Laurens 8 – Westside 3… The raider baseball team traveled to Westside last night to take on the Rams and came back home with an 8-3 victory… Kevin Dean picked up the win as the starting pitcher and improves to 5-1 on the season…. He pitched 5 innings, striking out 7 and allowed 3 unearned runs… Tanner Adair entered the game in the bottom of the 6th with runners at first and second with no outs and got a groundout and double play to end the threat…. He retired all 5 batters he faced… Thomas Jones, Cody Smiley, and Hammer Walker each collected 2 hits in the game… Jones had 3 RBI’s, Smiley had 2 RBI’s, while Grayson Bailes and Tanner Adair each had 1 RBI each… Laurens improved to 12-6 (7-4) and will host Westside today in a JV/varsity doubleheader starting at 5:00 pm at Ed Prescott Field… With a win, the Raiders will clinch a berth in the AAAA playoffs. By the way, Real Radio 860 WLBG is scheduled to bring you the varsity game sometime after 7:30 pm
- Golf: Catching up on Raider golf results from last Thursday, the team hosted Greenwood and came up 11 strokes short as Greenwood took a 155-166 win… Jonathan Finley had the low score for the Raiders shooting a 40… Other Raider scores were; Patton Croker 40, Eric Dominick 42 , and Justin Holliday 44…. Coach Jim Iacuone said afterwards “I thought we played well… Ryan Wright was unavailable to play and we still turned in one of our best scores of the season… Justin Holliday has stepped his play up since moving to the varsity team… Patton Croker turned in a personal best score.”.. Jon Lewis Parker of Greenwood was the match medalist with a 2 under par 34…. The JV team was defeated by Greenwood 188-231… The varsity team is playing in the Easley Invitational yesterday and today… Both teams travel to TL Hanna on Thursday.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Baseball host Woodruff 6:00
- JV /Varsity softball @ Woodruff 5:00 / 7:00
- Tennis host Chapman 4:30
- Soccer @ Broome 5:30
- JV /Varsity baseball host Westside 5:00 / 7:30 The varsity game can be heard on Real Radio 860 WLBG
- Tennis @ JL Mann 5:00
- JV & varsity softball @ Westside 5:30 / 7:30
- Soccer @ Westside 5:30 / 7:30
- Softball host Brashier Middle College 5:00
- Golf hosts Region Tournament @ Lakeside CC. 10:00am
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
- Today the Raider baseball team will be hosting the Rams of Westside… First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 and we hope you can make it to the game but if not, catch all the action on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming online at www.wlbg.com.
- This Thursday the Clinton baseball team will travel to Chapman for a JV-Varsity doubleheader… … The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:30 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.