Local Sports Results:
- Golf: Clinton 183 – Woodruff 185 – Broome 186… Yesterday the Clinton golf team traveled to Spartanburg and defeated Woodruff and Broome in a 3-way match… Clinton shot a 183 to Woodruff’s 185 and Broome’s 186… Harrison Fisher was co-medalist with a 6 over par 43. (Par was 37). Zach Davis shot a 45, Michael Mann shot a 47 and Caleb Moore shot a 48… Coach Chris Wofford stated “It was the first time these guys had played the course and it is a course that has a lot of blind shots and it took us a while to adjust to the speed of the greens”… Clinton is 11-3 and will travel to Union County on today.
- Soccer: Broome 3 – Clinton 0… Back on Tuesday afternoon, the Red Devil soccer team traveled to Spartanburg to take on Broome… Clinton took 10 shots on goal but 6 of them were stopped and 4 went wide as Broome took a 3-0 win… Clinton’s goal keeper Seth Anderson had 7 saves in goal… The Red Devils drop to 3-4 in region play and will be back in action tomorrow when they host Chester tomorrow at 5:30.
- SB: Laurens 12 – Hillcrest 2… The Lady Raider softball team played their 3rd game in as many days as they traveled up I-385 to take on the Lay Rams of Hillcrest… And for the 3rd time in 3 days they took a win, this time by a score of 12-2 in 6 innings… The Raiders pounded out 15 hits to manufacture those 12 runs and no Raider struck out or reached on a walk… Maria Williamson led the Raider offense going 3-4 with two solo-homeruns over the fence… Five other Raiders collected 2 hits each and one of them was starting pitcher Allison Foreback who legged out an inside-the-park homerun… Foreback got the complete game win giving up 2 unearned runs, 5 hits and striking out 3 while walking 1… For more game statistics click on the following link: 14-4-23_SB_LDHS-Hillcrest_Stats For the game’s scorecard, click on the following: 14-4-23_SB_LDHS-Hillcrest_Scorecard The Lady Raiders improve their season record to 20-4 on the season and clinch the Region I-AAAA Championship with a 12-0 record… They will be back in action tomorrow night as they host Woodmont in a JV-varsity doubleheader starting at 5:30.
- BB: Whitmire 8 – Laurens Academy 6… Now to catch up with Laurens Academy baseball from Monday, the Crusaders hosted the Wolverines of Whitmire and they proved to be too good a host as Whitmire took an 8-6 win… The Crusaders trailed 5-0 going into the bottom of the 3rd inning when they put 4 runs on the board to pull within 1… Whitmire got 3 more runs in the 5th inning and the Crusaders did manage 2 more runs in the 6th but could get no closer… Trevor Esposito got 3 of the Crusaders 8 hits going 3-4 on the night… For more game statistics click on the following link: 14-4-21-BB-LA-Whitmire_Stats For the game’s scorecard, click on the following: 14-4-21-BB-LA-Whitmire_Scorecard The Crusaders get back into region play as they host WW King tonight at 7:00
- Golf: Congratulations go out to the Crusader golf team as they won the region tournament Tuesday at Lakeside Country Club… The Crusaders shot a 357 to take the title… Will Burroughs was match medalist shooting a 77… Other Crusader scores were; Adam Spoone 88, Cole James 89, and Samuel Moore 103… The Crusaders will now travel to Conway on Monday & Tuesday for the SCISA Class A Tournament.
- Clemson 11 – Western Carolina 3… Last night up at Clemson, the Tigers took an 11-3 win over Western Carolina… This avenges an earlier season loss to the Catamounts and sophomore lefthander Zach Erwin struck out a career-high 13 batters… The Tigers are now 25-16 on the season.. The Tigers will host Miami in a 3-game series starting at 6:30 tomorrow night.
- Carolina 6 – USC Upstate 1… Last night down in Columbia, the Gamecocks defeated USC Upstate 6-1… The Gamecocks scored 4 runs in the 5th inning to put the game away… South Carolina is now 32-10 on the season….The Gamecocks host Alabama in a 3-game series starting tomorrow at 7:00.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV & varsity baseball at Chapman 5:00 & 7:30 The varsity game can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC.
- Tennis @ Broome 4:30
- Softball host Chapman in JV-varsity doubleheader 5:00 & 7:00
- Golf@ Union County 4:00
- Track @ Laurens 5:00
- Tennis host Hillcrest 5:00
- Track host Clinton 5:00
- Golf at TL Hanna (Cobbs Glen CC) 4:00
- Baseball host WW King 7:00
- Softball host WW King 5:00
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
- Today the Clinton baseball team will travel to Chapman for a JV-Varsity doubleheader… … The first pitch for the varsity game is scheduled for 7:30 pm… You can join the WPCC broadcast crew a few minutes before that for all the action on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wpcconline.com
- Remember you can hear the Gamecock baseball team this weekend as they host Alabama in SEC action on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC… Friday night’s first pitch is scheduled for 7:00 pm, Saturday 2:00 pm and Sunday 1:00 pm…
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.