- JV BB: Clinton 10 – Chapman 0…. The Red Devils baseball teams traveled to Chapman last night and in JV action, Clinton took a 10-0 win…. Leading the Clinton offense was Tyler Kelley who went 3 for 4 (3-4) with a RBI… Cameron Bishop went 2-4 and both hits were doubles which helped him drive in 2 runs… Chandler Todd also went 2-4 with a double and 2 RBIs…. Charlie Craven also had a multi-hit night going 2-2 with an RBI.. The JV baseball team finishes their season with a 10-2 record… I want to thank Coach Mike Turner for getting me the information throughout the year
- BB: Clinton 7 – Chapman 6 In the second game of the night up at Chapman, Clinton had to rally in the top of the 7th inning to do it, put they took a 7-6 win over the Panthers… Clinton was down 5-2 going into the 7th inning when they rallied putting 5 runs on the board in the 7th inning then holding Chapman to a single run in the bottom of the 7th O’Kevius Conway led the Red Devils going 3 for 3 in the game…Click on following for game statistics:14-4-24_BB_CHS-Chapman_Stats Click on following for game scorecard: 14-4-24_BB_CHS-Chapman_Scorecard
- Golf: The Clinton golf team traveled to River Chase Country Club yesterday to take on the Union County Yellow Jackets… When the last put rolled in, Clinton had defeated Union County 174-185… Zach Davis was medalist in the match shooting a 41… Harrison Fisher was second with a 42… Jay Addison and Caleb Moore rounded out the scoring shooting a 45 and 46 respectively. Clinton is 12-3 and will travel to Mid-Carolina on Monday and finish out the regular season at Lakeside taking on the Laurens raiders and the Woodmont Wildcat next Tuesday…
- On a side note, Clinton’s Hunter Nichols was selected to the North/South golf team yesterday and will travel to Hilton head at the end of May to compete against the South team in Ryder Cup type matches… Congratulations to Hunter!!
- SB: Chapman 9 – Clinton 2 in 9 innings… The Lady Red Devil softball team hosted Chapman last night and it was long hard fought game as it went 9 innings before a winner could be declared… The games was tied 2-2 at the end of 7 innings and it would go to the 9th where Chapman picked up a 6-2 win.. Sorry no further details at this time.
LDHS: Nothing to report.
SB: Laurens Academy 16 – King Academy 6… Sorry no other details
Local Sports Schedule
- Soccer host Chester 5:30
- Track at Union 5:00
- Saturday: Baseball host Union County 11:00
- JV & Varsity baseball at Woodmont 4:30 / 7:30
- JV & Varsity softball host Woodmont 5:30 / 7:30 Senior Night
- Soccer @ Easley 5:30
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.