Local Sports Results:
- BB: Union County 5 – Clinton 1… On Saturday then Red Devil baseball team hosted the Union County Yellow Jackets with a tie for first place in Region 3-AAA on the line… Unfortunately for Clinton, Union’s pitcher Jimmy Johnson was having a very good day as he limited Clinton to just 3 hits as Union took the title by defeating Clinton 5-1… Union scored 1 run in the 4th inning and 4 in the 5th to take a 5-0 lead… Clinton avoided the shutout by scoring their run in the 6th when Colby Templeton drove in Delshun Young with a sacrifice fly. Young was a courtesy runner for catcher Kendall Pits who led off the inning being hit by a pitch and then Young moved to third on a double by O’Kevius Conway… Click on the following for game statistics: 14-4-26_BB_CHS-Union_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-4-26_BB_CHS-Union_Scorecard Clinton finished second in the region with a 6-4 region record and is scheduled to host a first round playoff game on Friday this week against an opponent to be announced.
- Soccer: Clinton 3 – Chester 2… On Friday the Red Devil soccer team traveled to Chester to take on the Cyclones and the ride home was a pleasant one as Clinton took a 3-2 win in region action… Madison Simpson scored 2 of Clinton’s goals and Seth Anderson the remaining goal…Anderson also saved 9 shots on goal by Chester… The Red Devils are now 4-4 in region play.
- SB: Laurens 12 – Woodmont 3… The Lady Raider softball team hosted the Lady Wildcats of Woodmont last Friday and Woodmont humped out to a 4-0 lead before Laurens was able to get on the board in the bottom of the 2nd inning making it 4-2 Woodmont… Laurens struck for 5 runs in the 3rd inning making it 7-4 as they went on to take a 12-7… Laurens got their 12 runs on 12 hits with Maria Williamson leading the attack going 3 for 4 with a double and 2 RBIs… Tara Bond, Michaela Smith and Allison Foreback each collected 2 hits in the game… Foreback picked up the win in relief of Logan Hill… Click on the following for game statistics: 14-4-25_SB_LDHS-Woodmont_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-4-25_SB_LDHS-Woodmont_Scorecard The team is now 21-4 on the season and 13-0 in region play… Their last regular season home game is tonight against TL Hanna at 7:30 and it is the Cancer Awareness game.
- BB Woodmont 14 – Laurens 13… Also last Friday night the Laurens raider baseball team TOOK ON Woodmont at Woodmont… It was a real “pitcher’s duel” as the teams totaled 27 runs in the game and Laurens led 12-10 at the end of 3 innings… However 3 innings is not all the innings in a baseball game and when the last out was registered, Woodmont had taken a 14-13 win… The Wildcats had 13 hits to the Raiders 11 and no Raider had over 2 hits…Cody Smiley, Thomas Jones, Tanner Adair and hammer Walker each had 2 hits for the Raiders and one of Jones’ was a grand slam in the 4th inning… For the game box score and more statistics, click on the following link: 14-4-25_LDHS_BB-Woodmont_Stats Laurens is now 13-7 on the season and 8-5 in region play… The Raiders last regular season game will be tonight at 6:00 as they host TL Hanna.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Golf @ Mid-Carolina 4:00
- JV & Varsity softball @ Chester 5:00 / 7:00
- Baseball host TL Hanna 6:00
- JV & Varsity softball host TL Hannah 5:30 / 7:30
- Softball @ Southside Christian 5:00
- Baseball team starts playoffs at home against Coastal Christian at LA. Game time is set for 5:00pm. Admission will be $7.00 for adults/$4 for students. No booster club passes will be accepted. Tuesday, LA will play Coastal Christian in Mt. Pleasant at Park West Recreation Complex. The address is 1251 Park West Blvd., Mount Pleasant; SC. Game time is set for 6:00pm. If a third game is necessary, it will be played on Thursday, May 1st at a neutral location.
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.