Local Sports Results:
- SB: LA 21 – Christ Church 1.
Laurens County Speedway Results: Looking back at results from last Saturday night’s racing
- Limited Late Model… Brad Rachels took the win leading pretty much from start to finish but had to hold off 2nd place finisher Ray Storay… Billy Rushton challenged early but finished 3rd.
- Hobby… Chris Patterson crossed the finish line first but had to come from behind to take the win… Dan Lawson and Tim Tollison were the next two across the finish line.
- SS4…. The race saw two contenders battle it out for first place with Joe Gibson holding off T.K. Weathers for the win… T.J. Baker took third.
- FWD… Travis Jamieson took the win in the FWD main event by defeating Michael Staton, who took second…. Justin Cone finished third.
- Crates… In this race there were only 2 cars and in a 10-lap shoot-out Dale Tims defeated Butch Riddle.
- Note: Saturday’s race is the Alvin Nabors Memorial Race. Drivers from the Southeast Late Models in Georgia will take part in the races.
College Baseball …It’s been a while since I had time to catch up will college baseball so let’s do that now.
- Rankings… The latest USA Today Coaches’ Poll has Virginia #1, Louisiana-Lafayette 2, Oregon State 3, Florida State 4 and Cal Poly 5…. LSU, South Carolina, Louisville, Vanderbilt & Oklahoma State round out the top 10…. Clemson checks in at #25.
- Marlins 9 – Braves 3… After winning 4 games in a row, the Braves lost their second game in a row as the Miami Marlins defeated them 9-3 last night down in Florida… That drops the Braves to 17-9 on the season and they are 2 games ahead of the Mets in first place in the NL Eastern Division… They finish their current series with the Fish tonight at 7:00 at Marlins Park.
Baseball & Softball Playoff Notes:
- Clinton Baseball… Clinton High School Varsity Baseball Team will host Chapin High School tomorrow in the first round of the SCHSL 3A Baseball Playoffs… Chapin finished the season 16-3 overall and 2nd in Region IV-AAA… The game will start at 6:00 PM… All tickets are $5.00 (School age and up) and only SCHSL Passes will be accepted for admission.
- Laurens Softball… The Region I-AAAA Champion Laurens Lady Raider softball team will host the Lady Yellow Jackets of Fort Mill tonight at 6:30… Fort Mill is 11-6 on the season and finished 5th in Region III.
- Laurens Baseball… Tonight the Raider baseball team will travel to Blythewood to take on the Bengals in first round action of the Class AAAA Tournament… First pitch is scheduled for 6:30… Blythewood finished 1st in Region IV with an overall record of 17-6… For those of you planning on traveling down and need the address for you phones or GPS devices, the physical address for the school is: 10901 Wilson Blvd. Blythewood, SC 29016… At this time we are hoping to carry the game her on Real radio 860 WLBG.
- Quick Note on Second games for Laurens Baseball & Softball… WLBG sports department learned late yesterday afternoon that second round district games scheduled for Saturday may be played on Friday due to SAT testing at LDHS on Saturday… We will let you know as soon as we know..
Local Sports Schedule:
- Track at Region Meet at Broome
- Track at Region Meet at Hillcrest
- Golf vs. Woodmont & TL Hanna at Bonnie Brae
- The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.