Local Sports Results:
- Soccer: Chapman 2 – Clinton 1… Yesterday the Red Devil soccer team hosted the Chapman Panthers in Region III-AAA action and Chapman took a 2-1 win over the Red Devils… Nolan Boozer had Clinton’s only goal on a placekick… Chapman outshot Clinton 16-9 and Seth Anderson had 8 saves in goal for the Red Devils… Clinton is now 5-5 in region play.
- Tennis: Clinton 4 – Broome 2… The Clinton boys’ tennis team finished their season undefeated in region play last night with a 4-2 win over Broome at home… Sorry, no other details at this time.
- Clinton Baseball: Don’t forget Clinton opens play in the State AAA Tournament tonight as they host the Chapin Eagles at The Sponge… First pitch is scheduled for 6:00.
- BB: Blythewood 4 – Laurens 3… Normally if a team has 8 hits and the opponents had only 3 you might suspect they would win most of the time but such was not the case last night as the raider baseball team fell to the Blythewood Bengals 4-3 in opening round action of the AAAA baseball playoffs last night in Blythewood… Laurens pitcher Cody Smiley went the distance giving up only 3 hits but Blythewood managed to get their 4 runs (only 2 of which were earned) off those 3 hits coupled with 3 walks, a hit batter and 2 Raider errors… Laurens trailed 3-0 going into the 5th inning when they picked up 2 runs… Toby Jackson reached on a walk and PJ Timms on a fielder’s choice… Cody Smiley then drove in Jackson with a single and Hammer Walker brought Tims in on a sacrifice bunt… Laurens last run came in the 6th when Tanner Adair reached on a walk and scored on a wild pitch… The Raiders left 8 men on base (often in scoring position) and just could not get the key hit in critical situations…. The Raiders will travel to Gaffney tonight for a 6:00 pm contest in a win or go home situation…. Click on the following for game statistics: 14-5-1_LDHS_BB-Blythewood_PO-Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-5-1_LDHS_BB-Blythewood_PO-Scorecard
- SB: Laurens 14 – Fort Mill 4… Meanwhile back at LDHS the Lady Raider softball team played host to the Lady Yellow Jackets of Fort Mill in opening round action… The Lady Raiders started off a little sluggish as they game was tied 3-3 going into the bottom of the 4th inning but Laurens erupted for 9 runs in the 4th in route to a 14-4 win… The Raiders pounded out 10 hits in the game with Maria Williamson, Baylee Bragg, Jordan Henderson and Allison Foreback each getting 2 hits on the night… The win gives Laurens a 23-4 record on the season and they advance in the winners’ bracket and will host the Byrnes Rebels in a 6:30 contest tonight at LDHS… Hope you can make it out to the game but if you can’t, join us here on Real radio 860 WLBG just a few minutes before game time for all the action…. Now click on the following for game statistics: 14-5-1_SB_LDHS-Ft_Mill-PO_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard: 14-5-1_SB_LDHS-Ft_Mill-PO_Scorecard
College Baseball …It’s been a while since I had time to catch up will college baseball so let’s do that now.
- Rankings… The latest USA Today Coaches’ Poll has Virginia #1, Louisiana-Lafayette 2, Oregon State 3, Florida State 4 and Cal Poly 5…. LSU, South Carolina, Louisville, Vanderbilt & Oklahoma State round out the top 10…. Clemson checks in at #25.
- Clemson… The Tiger baseball team had a rough weekend as they hosted the #14 Miami Hurricanes and the Hurricanes took all 3 games dropping the Tigers to 25-19 on the season and 12-11 in ACC play… The Tigers step out of ACC play this weekend as they host James Madison Friday and Saturday and UNLV Sunday and Monday.
- South Carolina… The Gamecocks did a little better last weekend as they hosted as #20 Alabama and took 2 of 3 from the Crimson Tide to improve their record to 34-11 overall and 12-9 in SEC play… They will host the Georgia Bulldogs this weekend with the game tomorrow starting at 7:00 pm… Remember you can catch the Gamecocks this weekend on Sports radio 1410 WPCC
Braves: Marlins 5 – Braves 4… The Miami Marlins completed a 3 game sweep of the Braves last night in Florida with a 5-4 win … The Braves return home to Atlanta tonight for a 6-game home stand with the first team in being the Giants for a 3-game series..
The Laurens YMCA Health Kids Day… On Saturday, May 3rd, the Laurens Family YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, wellness information, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home…. Now again this is a free event.. To learn more see the posting in the Between the Lines section on our homepage or click on the following link: click on the following link: Health Kids Day Information:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.