- SC 10 – Citadel 1… The South Carolina Gamecocks avenged a early season loss to the Citadel as they defeated the Bulldogs 10-1 last night in Columbia… The Gamecocks jumped on top scoring 3 runs in the bottom of the first inning and never looked back… The Gamecocks outhit the Bulldogs 10-5 and made full use of 9 walks issued by the Citadel pitching staff… The Gamecocks picked up their 40th win of the season against 13 losses and will start their final regular season series in Nashville tomorrow as they take on the Commodores of Vanderbilt… The 2 teams are neck in neck battling for 2nd place in the SEC Eastern Division and seeding for next week’s SEC Tournament is adds importance to the series.
- Clemson 7 – Furman 2… The Clemson Tigers improved their season record to 32-21 last night with a 7-2 win over the Furman Paladins at Flour Field… Furman had an early 1-0 lead but Clemson went ahead with 2 runs in the 4th and added 3 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th to seal the win… The Tigers outhit the Paladins 10-6… The Tigers wind up the regular season with a 3-game series with Boston College in Clemson that starts tomorrow.
SC Athletic Hall of Fame: On Monday night in Columbia, the SC Athletic Hall of Fame added 8 new members… Future NFL Hall of Famer Brian Dawkins of Clemson and USC’s Zam Fredrick, who led college basketball in scoring highlight the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame’s Class of 2014…The Class of 2014 also consists of SC State football standout Edwin Bailey, South Carolina pitcher Randy Martz, Olympian Monique Hennagan, state golf legend Happ Lathrop, Newberry basketball standout Carl Short and Clemson quarterback Rodney Williams… Now for more biographical information on each of these, click on the following which is a link to a press release form the SC Hall of Fame: 2014_SC_Hall_of_Fame
- Drive 7 – Power 5… The Greenville Drive finished their current series with the West Virginia Power yesterday afternoon with a 7-5 win… The Drive trailed 5-2 going into the bottom of the 9th inning and got a 3 run homer by Zach Kapstein to tie the game and a little later a 2-run walk-off homer by Carlos Asuage to win the game… The Drive start a week long road trip with the first stop being in Savannah tonight with first pitch scheduled for 7:05.
- Giants 4 – Braves 2… Catching up with the Braves, back on Monday night the Braves started a series with the Giants in San Francisco…. Unfortunately, they got off to a slow start as the Giants took a 4-2 win… The Braves bats were quiet as they mustered only 3 hits to the Giants 9.
- Braves 5 – Giants 0… The Braves evened the series at a game apiece as they took a 5-0 win… The Braves got 3 runs in the 6th inning to pull way… They managed 9 hits to the Giants 5… The rubber game of the series will be this afternoon with a 3:45 start time.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.