- Tigers 8 – Eagles 4…. The Clemson Tiger baseball team opened their last regular season series with the Boston College Eagles last night at Doug Kingsmore Stadium… In that game, Tyler Krieger, Jay Baum and Steven Duggar all hit solo homers in Clemson’s 8-4 win over the Eagles… The Tigers had only 8 hits in the game but they were timely… Matthew Crownover picked up the win going 7 innings and giving up just 1 run… Earlier in the evening, the Tigers found out they clinched an ACC Tournament berth by virtue of Notre Dame’s win over Pittsburg… The series will continue tonight at 6:30 and can be seen on ESPN3… A side note, 6 Tiger baseball players who could not attend graduation on May 9th because the team was playing at Notre dame at that time will be presented their diplomas prior to the game by Clemson President Jim Clements.
- South Carolina 4 – Vanderbilt 3 (10 innings)… The Gamecocks opened up a big series in Tennessee last night with the Commodores of Vanderbilt and they had to come from behind to do it but they took 4-3 win in 10 innings… The Gamecocks trailed 3-2 going into the 9th but got a 2-out single by Max Schrock drove in Gene Cone to tie the game… In the bottom of the 9th, Vanderbilt had runners on 1st & second with one out and attempted to score on a single but centerfielder Tanner English threw the runner out at home plate and the next batter was retired to send the game into extra innings… In the 10th inning, Joey Pancake had a line-drive homerun to with one out to put the Gamecocks into the lead.. The Commodores threatened in their half of the inning but the Cocks kept them off the board to take the win… The 2 teams will play again tonight at 7:30 and it can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC.
- South Carolina Softball… The Gamecock softball team has made it into postseason play as they travel to Tallahassee, Florida as they take on the University of Southern Florida in a 4:30 contest today… The game will be on ESPN2.
- The Braves were off last night and will start a 3-game series in St. Louis with the Cardinals tonight at 8:15…. The Braves enter tonight’s game with a season record of 22-17 and are 1.5 games ahead of the Washington Nationals in the NL East.
- The weather caused a cancellation of the Drive’s game in Savannah last night… The Drive and the Sand Gnats will now play a doubleheader today with the first game starting at 5:35… After tonight’s games, they will move on the Asheville to start a series with the Tourist.
NASCAR…Catching up with NASCAR
- Sprint Cup Leaders… Jeff Gordon has a 15 point lead over Matt Kenseth with 394 points to Kenseth’s 379 in the Sprint Cup series… Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhart Jr. and Carl Edwards round out the top 5…
- Sprint Cup Schedule…. Charlotte Motor Speedway will host the Sprint Cup gang on Saturday for the NASCAR All-Star Showdown & the Sprint Cup All-Star race this Saturday also,
- Nationwide Schedule… Meanwhile the Series will be at the Iowa Speedway for a Sunday race
- Laurens Raider Baseball will be having a baseball camp June the 9th-12th from 8:30-12:30… Cost of the camp will be $60… Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily thru our school cafeteria… They will limit the camp to the first 40 kids that sign up… Eligible ages will be 7 years old-rising 8th graders… The Raider baseball coaching staff will provide fundamental baseball instruction that will help your child improve his ability as a player… Players will be grouped according to their skill level… Contact head coach Dale Nelson byemail: email@example.com to register.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.