Gun Safety: Practice What You Teach!

 

 

 

Clinton Public Safety was dispatched to the Hampton Inn at 7:11 Friday night on a report of someone discharging a firearm inside a room. A 66-year-old Lexington man indicated he was doing “malfunctioning drills” with his Glock 9 mm handgun and had forgotten to remove a live round from the chamber when he pulled the trigger. The round went through the bedroom wall, through the shower wall in an adjacent room then struck the shower glass door, shattering it. The round came to rest in the hallway of the room near the entrance door. The man indicated he is a firearms instructor with a concealed weapons permit, which was verified. He also had another firearm in his rear pocket. The man indicated he had consumed two mixed drinks. He was issued a warning and is to be responsible for the cost of repairs to the hotel.