Laurens County Speedway… Let’s catch-up on results from the Laurens County Speedway in last Saturday’s main events.
- Front-wheel Drive: Travis Jamieson and Joel Cabe battled all night long in the main event of the FWD division…Spud Ammons led a fair amount of the race but was passed by the battling duo of Jamieson and Cabe very late in the race to finish third while Jamieson and Cabe took 1st & 2nd respectively.
- Limited: Larry Timms picked up his first win of the season in the Limited Division… Seems he was the one best able to survive wrecks and restarts by getting out in front quickly… Michael Smith finished second and Mike Measamer third.
- Super Stock Four: In the SS4 main event, Dusty Eaves picked up his second consecutive win… Joe Gibson was second and Brandon Patterson finished third.
- Hobby: In the Hobby main event, Tim Tollison had the better car and led from start to finish… The next two across the finish line were Dan Lawson and Chris Patterson.
- Crates: And finally in the Crates, Terry Bullard picked up his second win of the season leading wire to wire… The only battles proved to be what the order of finish would be behind him and they resulted in Chris Morgan finishing second and Larry Grube third.
- Now remember that the gates will open at 6:00 and racing will start at 8:00 Saturday night at the Laurens Country Speedway where they do dirt right!
Big League World Series… The SC District 1 team that was eliminated Tuesday night in the Big League World Series up in Easley Tuesday night might find some comfort in the fact that the team that beat them wound up taking the championship last night… The Southeast representative from Clearwater Florida handed the team from Puerto Rico its first loss of the season (2-1) to take the 2014 Little League Big League Title… Give Puerto Rico credit, they trailed 2-0 going into the top of the last inning but they did not give up… They scored their only run in that inning and had the bases loaded when their final batter struck out.
CHS Parents Meeting Tonight… Now an important note to parents of student athletes at Clinton High School… If you have a son or daughter who will be participating in any level of sports this fall at CHS, you are strongly encouraged to be the CHS auditorium at 6:00 pm tonight… There you will hear Dr. David Barnes CHS Athletic Director go over the schools expectations for CHS student athletes… Afterward, you will be given the opportunity to meet the coaches your student athlete will be playing for… Please be at this meeting if at all possible!
Braves: Dodgers 3 – Braves 2 (10)… The Braves were out in LA last night for the second game of the current series with the Dodgers and the dodgers took a 3-2 win in 10 innings… The game was a pitchers’ duel for 7 innings as the Braves starter Alex wood and the Dodgers’ Zack Greinke battled to a 1-1 tie going into the 8th inning…The Dodgers took a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 8th scoring the run off Atlanta reliever Jordan Walden after 2 outs on a walk and a pair of ingles… The Braves BJ Upton tied the game in with a solo shot in the 9th inning… The Dodgers took the win of a single, wild pitch and a walk-off single by Matt Kemp in the bottom of the 10th inning… Game 3 of the series tonight in LA.
Greenville Drive: Good news for Greenville Drive fans, they did not lose last night, nor did they win because they had the night off… They begin a 7-day home stand tonight at 7:05 as the Rome Braves come to town.
Carolina Panthers Training Camp schedule… Click on the following link to see the Carolina Panthers Training Camp schedule: Panthers Training Camp Schedule… I’ll give you a hint… If you want to see them, be there at 9:25 am this morning and that will be true from now through the end of the weekend.
Countdown to Start of Football Season: Hang on football fans it’s only 22 days until Clinton opens up its football season at AC Flora, 28 days until PC opens up at Northern Illinois and 29 days until Laurens host BHP in the start of the Chris Liner era at LDHS.
This & That
- Season Tickets on sale For CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
- Raider Football Practice Schedule… The Laurens Raider Football program will begin practice on Friday, August 1st at 8:30 A.M. This practice is for Varsity and JV players (10th graders that participated this summer) ONLY…Practice for rising 9th graders and any other student interested in playing Sub-Varsity Football (9th or JV) will begin on Monday, August 11th at 8:30 A.M…All participants must have a completed physical/parent permission form before they can begin practice… The deadline to play Sub-Varsity Football is Tuesday August 19th… Please contact Coach Liner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-323-2472 if you have any questions.
Upcoming Summer Camps – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
Baseball Camp Coach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.