The Greenville Hospital System and the Laurens YMCA where they will be hosting the First Annual Battlemud: Laurens County Mud Run this Saturday at 9:00 am… It involves a tough but fun 2-mile course beginning on a nature trail with 20 natural and man-made obstacles ending up with a slip-n-slide… To participate you need a team of 4 with at least 1 member of the team being 18 years of age or older… You can register at active.com or call the YMCA at 984-2626 for more information.
- Laurens Football on Channel 7… Just a reminder that Chanel 7’s Countdownto Kick-Off continues to night with the Laurens Raiders being the featured team on the 6:00 pm newscast tonight… A different team will be featured on the 11:00 pm newscast.
- Laurens Athletic Booster Club Meeting… The Laurens Raider Athletic Booster Club will be meeting tonight at 7:00 pm at the Joe Adair Outdoor Education Center… The meeting will start at 7:00 and all members as well as anyone interested in joining are encouraged to attend as they lay out plans for the upcoming school year.
Braves: The Braves returned home Friday night mired in an 8-game losing streak… Their first opponent in the home stand was the NL East leading Washington Nationals who were in town for a 3 game series…
- Friday: Atlanta 7 – Washington 6… Friday night Justin Upton, B.J. Upton, Freddie Freeman and Tommy La Stella all went deep off Stephen Strasburg to stake the Braves to a seven-run lead, and Atlanta held off a strong Washington comeback to end its eight-game losing streak as the Braves took a 7-6 win over the Nationals… Braves starting pitcher Ervin Santa was the benefactor of the Braves early offense but could not hold the Nationals as he gave up 5 runs in 6 innings of work before giving way to 3 other Brave relievers,,, Craig Kimbrel picked up his 33rd save of the season.
- Saturday: Washington 4 – Atlanta 1 (11)… Then on Saturday night in a game that was delayed by rain at the start for three hours and 41 minutes and then went 11 innings, the Nationals took a 4-1 win over the Bravos… After all the homerun power the night before the Braves were held to a single run on 9 hits.. The Nationals had only 11 hits but unfortunately 4 of them came in the decisive 11th inning.
- Sunday: Atlanta 3 – Washington 1… Last night the Braves got 7⅓ strong innings from starter Alex Wood as they took a 3-1 win over the Nationals thus allowing them to take 2 of 3 games from the Nationals… Wood struck out 12 Nationals while giving up the 1 earned run (a homer) and just 5 hits while walking 3 to pick up his 8th win of the season… No Brave had more than 1 hit but Justin Upton’s was a solo homer in the 4th inning and was his 500th career RBI and his 1000th career hit… The Braves are now 3.5 games in second behind the Nationals in the NL East and will remain at home tonight as the Dodgers come into town for a 4-game series.
Greenville Drive: The Greenville Drive completed their 4 game series in Lexington, Kentucky with the Legends… As you may recall the Drive dropped the first game on Thursday to the Legends by a score of 2-1…
- Friday: Lexington 6 – Greenville 5… On Friday night the Legends took another 1-run win this time by a score of 6-5…. Greenville fell behind 3-0 early but managed to tie the game in the top of the 9th inning only to have the Legends get the winning run in the bottom of the 9th… The Legends got a clutch 2-out single for the walk-off win.
- Saturday: Greenville 6 – Lexington 4…. On Saturday the Drive bounced back to take a 6-4 win over the Legends… The Drive jumped out to a 5-1 lead after 3 innings and then held on to take the win… The Drive only had 7 hits I the game but 4 of them were homeruns with the Drive first baseman Tim Roberson getting 2 of them.
- Sunday: Greenville 5 – Lexington 0… Yesterday the Drive evened the 4-game series with a 5-0 win over the Legends… The Drive only had 8 hits to the Legends 4 but they were timely because they only left 2 men on base while the Legends stranded 6…. The Drive return home tonight to start a short 3-game series with the Rome Braves at Flour Field.
Carolina Panthers Training Camp schedule… Click on the following link to see the Carolina Panthers Training Camp schedule: Panthers Training Camp Schedule
Countdown to Start of Football Season: Hang on football fans it’s only 11days until Clinton opens up its football season at AC Flora and Laurens Academy opens hosting Coastal Christian, 17 days until PC opens up at Northern Illinois and 18 days until Laurens host BHP in the start of the Chris Liner era at LDHS.
This & That
- Season Tickets on sale For CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
Happenings at – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
Baseball CampCoach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
- Registration is now underway for Fall Soccer at the Laurens YMCA… It is open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close August 31st… The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : email@example.com
- The Laurens YMCA will be registering youth for Flag Football starting Sept 2 – October 3… It will be open for youth ages 3-14…. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.