The Blue Hose football schedule this year includes 6 home games… The first home game is Sept. 6th as they host Bluefield… The other home games are against Furman, Western Carolina, Coastal Carolina, Monmouth and Liberty… Some of these games will be at night as PC is installing lights at Bailey Memorial Stadium this summer… Blue reserved chair-back seats season tickets are only $75 each while bench reserved seats are $54 each… You can call the ticket office at 864-833-8240 or click on the following to link to the PC webpage where you will find more information: 2014 PC Season Football Ticket Information
- Clinton Football Scrimmages @ BHP… The Clinton Red Devil football team will travel to BHP this afternoon for a 3-way scrimmage with Berea and BHP… I believe the action starts at 6:00 pm.
- Raiders Highlighted on WSPA… Last night on the 6:00 pm newscast the Laurens raiders were highlighted on their Countdown to Kick-Off… Now for those of you who may have missed it, click on the following link and they should have the short video that aired by sometime this morning: Laurens on Countdown to Kick-off…. Red Devil fans, remember your turn will come tomorrow night on their 6:00 pm newscast.
- Broadcast Reminder… Real radio 860 WLBG will start their coverage of the Raider football team this Friday night as we bring you the Raiders taking on the Dorman Cavaliers in a half of football from the Clinton High School Paid Scrimmage… The action is scheduled to start at 6:00 when the Laurens and Dorman JV football teams will take the field followed by the varsity teams at about 7:00 pm… We will go live to Wilder Stadium just a few minutes before the varsity kick-off and again this year we have Doug Holiday doing the play-by-play, King Dixon handling the color duties and I’ll be roaming around on the sideline… By the way you Clinton fans remember that your red Devils will be taking on Strom Thurmond as soon as the Laurens action concludes… Again it will be the JV teams first for each school followed by the varsity… Football is almost here.
Dodgers 6 – Braves 2… After taking 2 out of 3 from the Washington Nationals over the weekend, the Braves opened a 4-game home series with the LA Dodgers last night with a 6-2 loss…. The Braves took an early 1-0 win scoring a run in the 4th inning but fell behind when the Dodgers but 3 runs on the board in the 6th inning and added 3 more in the 8th while holding the Braves to just 1 more run in the bottom of the 9th to take the win… After being swept by the Dodgers out on the west coast last week, the Braves had hoped to reverse those fortunes and keep pace with the Washington Nationals but a 6-hit offense pretty much doomed them… Freddie Freeman was the only Brave to get more than 1 hit going 2-3 and scoring one of the Braves runs… The series continue tonight at The Ted.
Rome 12 – Greenville 5…. The Greenville drive returned home from their road trip last night to host a brief 3-game series with the Rome Braves before they go back on the road… Unfortunately the drive fell 12-5 to the Baby Braves… The Drive only trailed 8-5 going into the top of the 8th inning when the Braves struck for 4 runs putting the game out of reach for the Drive… Both teams had 10 hits each and both had a single homerun but the bottom line was the Braves were able to get the big hit when it counted the most… Game 2 of the series is tonight at Flour Field.
Carolina Panthers Training Camp schedule… Well if you have been planning on going up to Spartanburg and seeing the Panther practice, you have to do it today as this is the last day of training camp for the Panther in Spartanburg for this season… The practice will start about 9:25 this morning and run to about 11:20… Think they are supposed to hand out a few T-shirts after practice before they jump in their cars and head up I-85 to Charlotte.
Countdown to Start of Football Season: Hang on football fans it’s only 10 days until Clinton opens up its football season at AC Flora and Laurens Academy opens hosting Coastal Christian, 16 days until PC opens up at Northern Illinois and 17 days until Laurens host BHP in the start of the Chris Liner era at LDHS.
This & That
- Season Tickets on sale For CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
Happenings at – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
Baseball CampCoach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
- Registration is now underway for Fall Soccer at the Laurens YMCA… It is open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close August 31st… The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Laurens YMCA will be registering youth for Flag Football starting Sept 2 – October 3… It will be open for youth ages 3-14…. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : email@example.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.