Clinton Red Devils Featured on Channel 7 Countdown to Kickoff… First a quick reminder to you Red Devil Football fans that the Red Devils will be featured on News Channel 7 in their Countdown to Kickoff series toning during the 6:00 pm newscast… That is the 6:00 pm only and not the 11:00 as another team will be featured than.
Laurens County Speedway Results….. Let’s take a quick look back at the results from the main events in racing out at the LCS last Saturday night.
- Limited… In the inaugural Ronnie Brookshire Race, Billy Rushton led wire-to-wire picking up his 9th win of the season… Travis Leake was second and Michael Smith third
- Hobby… Bobby Tucker picked up his second win of the season in the Hobby main event with Mart Patterson and Chris Lyons being the next two drivers across the finish line.
- Front-Wheel Drive… Travis Jamieson and Joel Cabe battled it out in the FWD main event but Jamieson came out on top picking up his 5th win of the season… Cabe finished 2nd and Spud Ammons 3rd.
- Super Stock 4… Travis Sharpe started from the inside position in the SS4 main event and eventually found himself finishing first… Dusty Eaves finished 2nd and Brandon Patterson 3rd.
- Crates… And finally in the Crates main event, Colby Cannon took the checkered flag and was never really challenged in the race… Finishing 2nd and 3rd were Terry Bullard and James Plemmons.
- Remember gates open at 6:00 and racing starts at 8:00 at the Laurens County Speedway where they do dirt right.
Dodgers 4 – Braves 2… The Braves late season woes continue as they dropped a 4-2 decision to the LA Dodgers in Atlanta last night… The Braves have now lost 11 of their last 13 games and find themselves 5 games behind the Washington Nationals in the NL East and just 1 game ahead of the Marlins… B.J. Upton gave the Braves a brief 2-1 lead with his two-out solo home run in the fourth inning but the Dodgers took the lead for good scoring 2 runs in the 5th inning and adding an insurance run in the 9th to take the win… The Braves managed only 6 hits to the Dodgers 10 and no Brave had more than 1 hit but both BJ and Justin Upton had an RBI each… Game 3 of the 4-game series with the Dodgers will be tonight at The Ted with first pitch scheduled for 7:10.
Greenville Drive 8 – Rome Braves 1…. The Greenville Drive scored in each of the first 4 inning building an 8-0 lead and then went on to an 8-1 over the Rome Braves last night at Flour Field… The Drive had 14 hits to the Braves 4 and centerfielder Manuel Margot led the Drive going 3-4 while scoring twice and driving in 2 runs… The Drive finish their short 3-game home stand with the Braves tonight at Flour Filed and the World Series Trophy won by the Boston Red Sox last fall will be on display and I believe they will allow you to have your picture made standing next to it.
Countdown to Start of Football Season: Hang on football fans it’s only 9 days until Clinton opens up its football season at AC Flora and Laurens Academy opens hosting Coastal Christian, 15 days until PC opens up at Northern Illinois and 16 days until Laurens host BHP in the start of the Chris Liner era at LDHS.
This & That
- Season Tickets on sale For CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club will hold its first meeting of the year on Friday August 29th… The three local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC will be the featured speakers… For more information about the club including the full season schedule and information about joining, click on the following link: 2014 Laurens County TD Club
Happenings at – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
Baseball CampCoach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
- Registration is now underway for Fall Soccer at the Laurens YMCA… It is open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close August 31st… The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : email@example.com
- The Laurens YMCA will be registering youth for Flag Football starting Sept 2 – October 3… It will be open for youth ages 3-14…. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.