The Blue Hose football schedule this year includes 6 home games… The first home game is Sept. 6th as they host Bluefield… The other home games are against Furman, Western Carolina, Coastal Carolina, Monmouth and Liberty… Some of these games will be at night as PC is installing lights at Bailey Memorial Stadium this summer… Blue reserved chair-back seats season tickets are only $75 each while bench reserved seats are $54 each… You can call the ticket office at 864-833-8240 or click on the following to link to the PC webpage where you will find more information: 2014 PC Season Football Ticket Information
- Meet the Devils… Red Devil sports fans need to mark your calendar for this Thursday night at 6:00 pm… Why? That is when the CHS will host the fall version of Meet the Devils… That is where they will introduce the coaches and players making up the different fall sports teams… The event will take place in the gym at the new CHS… By the way, they will also be introducing the Bell Street Wildcat teams… See you there.
Braves 7 – Pirates 3… The Braves opened their 10 game road trip yesterday with a 7-3 win over the Pittsburg Pirates… The Braves jumped on top in a hurry scoring 6 of their runs in the first inning and never looked back… Jason Heyward and Andrelton Simmons had back-to-back homers to open the game… Heyward went 3-4 on the night to lead the Braves 15 hit attack… The Braves are 6 games behind division leading Washington and will play the Pirates again tonight at 7:05 in Pittsburg
Greenville Drive: Now the Grenville Drive were off last night but let’s take a moment to catch up with how they did over the weekend since I did not have time to do it yesterday… The Greenville Drive were down on the coast of Georgia completing their 4-game series with the Savannah Sand Gnats over the weekend… If you recall, they lost the opener on Thursday night be a score of 4-0.
- Friday: Savannah 16 – Greenville 4… On Friday the Drive collected 11 hits but only had 4 runs to show for it while the Sand Gnats had 15 hits but scored 16 runs to take the win… Three of the Gnats hits were homers as they jumped out to a 16-0 lead after 5 innings and never looked back.
- Saturday: Savannah 9 – Greenville 3… Savannah did not score 16 runs on Saturday but they did score 9 and that was enough as they took a 9-3 win over the Drive…. The Drive trailed 9-1 going into the top of the 9th inning and rallied for 2 runs in the 9th but it was too little too late.
- Sunday: Savannah 3 – Greenville 2… Then on Sunday the Drive came close to taking a win but still no cigar as the Sand Gnats took a 3-2 win to sweep the series… Greenville led early but just could not hold it… The Drive return home tonight to start a 6-game home stand with the first team in being the Charleston RiverDogs.
Countdown to Start of Football Season: Hang on football fans it’s only 3 days until Clinton opens up its football season at AC Flora and Laurens Academy opens hosting Coastal Christian, 9 days until PC opens up at Northern Illinois and 10 days until Laurens host BHP in the start of the Chris Liner era at LDHS.
This & That
- Season Tickets on Sale For CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club will hold its first meeting of the year on Friday August 29th… The three local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC will be the featured speakers… For more information about the club including the full season schedule and information about joining, click on the following link: 2014 Laurens County TD Club
Happenings at – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
Baseball CampCoach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
Laurens YMCA: The YMCA is offering a $15 if you sign up before the deadline for registration
- Registration is now underway for Fall Soccer at the Laurens YMCA… It is open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close August 31st… The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : email@example.com
- The Laurens YMCA will be registering youth for Flag Football starting Sept 2 – October 3… It will be open for youth ages 3-14…. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Clinton YMCA is registering for flag football and cheerleading until August 21st… Flag football is open to youth 4-12 years old and will be broken down into 3 age appropriate groupings… Cheerleading is open those in grades K-6…. For more information, click on the following link or contact Brian Shealy at 833-1555. Clinton YMCA 2014 Flag Football and Cheerleading Information
Laurens Parks & Recreation:
- Fall Baseball… Registration is open until August 30th for fall baseball with the City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Department… The divisions are for those 6-8 and 8-11… The cost is $25 and includes a gat and jersey….You can register during normal business hours at the Little River Park office and for more information email them at email@example.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.