PC Football remember that tomorrow will be Football Fan Day at Bailey Memorial Stadium… The gates will open at 9:00 and a scrimmage starts at 10:00… The will also have a Kid Zone with face painting, inflatables and more… You will also be able to meet the Blue Hose before the game and get autographs… Free poster schedules and magnets will also be available… Admission to the event is FREE… So once again mark August 23rd on your calendar for the PC Football Fan Day.
Start of High School Football… Well this is the day that many fans of high school athletics look forward to the opening night f high school football… I know our old friend Big Gene Pinson did… It’s what is called week 0 and 2 county teams will be in action and they are Clinton and Laurens Academy (LDHS will start next week).
- The Clinton Red Devils will be on the road to the Columbia area to take on the AC Flora Falcons a team that they faced in their next-to-last game season last year… The Red Devils and the Falcons meet in Round 1 of the AAA playoff last season with the Devils coming out on top by a score of 55-35… The Falcons finished their season last year with a 4-7 record… Just below you will find an audio interview done this week with Coach Scott King about the game… Remember the game can only be heard on the Red Devil Sports Network which is an internet only broadcast that can be found at www.chsathletics.com. Click below for Coach King’s comments
- The Laurens Academy Crusaders open their season tonight also as they host Coastal Christian out of Mt. Pleasant, SC… The Crusaders are again this year playing 8-man football and will be competing in theSCISA 8-Man Region 1 and will be eligible for postseason play… The Crusaders also have a “new-old” head coach as Todd Kirk returns to the helm of the team… The Coastal Christian Cougars wentwinless last year but this is a new season and Coach Kirk expects a tight game which will kick off at 7:30 this evening… Click on the item below for a short interview with Coach Kirk about tonight’s game.
- By the way, my old home school Ware Shoals will also start their season tonight at 7:30 as they host Southside a AAA school over on Tommy Davis Field… Good luck to Coach Lance Abernathy and the Hornet football team
Braves 8 – Reds 0 … The Atlanta Braves opened up a 4-game series last night in Cincinnati with an 8-0 win over the Reds giving them 6 wins in their last 7 games… The Braves used a 5 run third inning to distance themselves from the Reds and were never threatened after that… The Braves had only 8 timely hits one of which was a solo homer by Andrelton Simmons… Seven walks and a hit batter or two by the Reds staff also aided the Braves… The Braves continue their series in Cincinnati with the Reds this weekend.
Charleston 12 – Greenville 0… The Charleston RiverDogs put 6 runs on the board in the top of the first inning last night up at Flour Field and never looked back as they took a 12-0 win over the Greenville Drive… The RiverDogs got 13 hits to the Drive’s 7 but 5 Drive errors aided Charleston’s cause… The Drive remain home this weekend as they host the Savannah Sand Gnats.
The Carolina Panthers will be on the road tonight as they take on the New England Patriots in a 7:30 contest.
The Atlanta Falcons will host the Tennessee Titans in a 7:00 pm contest at the Georgia Dome tomorrow night.
This & That
- Season Tickets on Sale for CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club will hold its first meeting of the year on Friday August 29th… The three local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC will be the featured speakers… For more information about the club including the full season schedule and information about joining, click on the following link: 2014 Laurens County TD Club
- Coach Chris Liner Show…. Be sure to join Coach Chris Liner each Monday night at the House of Pizza in the Western Square as they talk not only Raider football but football in general… They will start at 7:00 pm each Monday night beginning Monday, August 25th…There will specials during each show at the House of Pizza so bring the family and come enjoy the food and conversation… If you can’t make it, you can always catch the show on Real Radio 860 WLBG or on the internet at www.wlbg.com
Happenings at – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
Baseball CampCoach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
Laurens YMCA: The YMCA is offering a $15 if you sign up before the deadline for registration
- Registration is now underway for Fall Soccer at the Laurens YMCA… It is open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close August 31st… The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Laurens YMCA will be registering youth for Flag Football starting Sept 2 – October 3… It will be open for youth ages 3-14…. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : email@example.com
- Nothing at this time
Laurens Parks & Recreation:
- Fall Baseball… Registration is open until August 30th for fall baseball with the City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Department… The divisions are for those 6-8 and 8-11… The cost is $25 and includes a gat and jersey….You can register during normal business hours at the Little River Park office and for more information email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.