Local Sports Results:
- Volleyball: The CHS volleyball teams traveled to Prosperity to take on the Rebels of Mid-Carolina yesterday… The JV team played first and took a 2-0 win over the Lady Rebels…. Match scores were 25-19 and 25-21…. Mid-Carolina turned the tables in varsity action winning the match 3-0… Sorry no further details at this time…. The teams will be back in action Thursday when they take on their cross-county the Laurens Raiders at LDHS… JV match will start at 5:30.
- Volleyball: Catching up with the Lady Crusader volleyball teams, back on Monday hosted WW King…. The varsity team took an exciting 3-2 win winning the final set 15-12 after being down 12-6 at one point… The middle school team also won 2-0… Then yesterday the teams were in Greenwood taking on Greenwood Christian… Good news all around as the L.A. middle school team took a 2-0 win and the varsity team a 3-0 win. Congratulations to both teams…. By the way their next match is at Cambridge Academy on Thursday.
Mets 3 – Braves 2… The Atlanta Braves opened a 3-game series in The Big Apple last night with the Mets… Neither team rally had an abundance of hits as the Braves had 8 and the Mets had 5 but that’s not what counts as the Mets took a 3-2 win… The Mets took a 3-1 lead with a 2-run homer by Mets centerfielder Juan Lagares in the 4th inning and then held the Braves to a single run in the 7th inning to take the win…Justin Upton led the Braves going 3-3 .
Drive 2 – Riverdogs 1… The Greenville Drive opened a short series in Charleston with the RiverDogs on a good note as they took a 2-1 win… The Drive broke a 1-1 tie in the top of the 9th inning and then held on to take the win.
High School Football Poll… The latest SC High School Football Media Poll was released yesterday
- 4A… 1. Dutch Fork, 2. Byrnes, 3. York, 4. Northwestern, 5. Summerville, 6. Boiling Springs, 7. Goose Creek, 8. North Augusta, 9. Spartanburg & 10. Fort Dorchester
- 3A… 1. Myrtle Beach, 2. South Pointe, 3. Hartsville, 4. Wren, 5. Marlboro County, 6. Daniel, 7. Seneca, 8. Midland Valley, 9 Greer, and T10. Union County & T10. Broome
- 2A… Dillon, 2. Strom Thurmond, 3. Batesburg-Leesville, 4. Timberland; 5. Abbeville, 6. Newberry; 7, Loris, 8. Woodruff, 9. Fairfield Central & 10. Chesnee
- 1A… 1. Christ Church, 2. Lamar, 3. Carvers Bay, 4. Allendale-Fairfax, 5. Hunter-Kinard-Tyler, 6. Hemingway, 7. Bamberg-Ehrhart, 8. Williston-Elko, 9. Lake View & 10. Estill
Local Sports Schedule: None noted for today
This & That:
- Season Tickets on Sale For CHS Football… Season football tickets are now on sale at CHS for the upcoming football season… They can be purchased Mon. – Thur. from 8:00am – 3:30 pm in the business office… You need to ask for Ms. Ginger Eaton (938-1844) and will be $40 per ticket with 1 parking pass per family… For those 65 and older the season ticket is free but a parking pass will cost $20.00… Clinton has 5 home games this season… They are: Sept 12 – Woodruff, Sept. 19 – Laurens, Oct. 3 – Broome (Homecoming), Oct 17 – Union County & Oct 31 – south Pointe (Senior Night).
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club will hold its first meeting of the year on Friday August 29th… The three local high school coaches and Coach Harold Nichols of PC will be the featured speakers… For more information about the club including the full season schedule and information about joining, click on the following link: 2014 Laurens County TD Club
- Coach Chris Liner Show…. Be sure to join Coach Chris Liner each Monday night at the House of Pizza in the Western Square as they talk not only Raider football but football in general… They will start at 7:00 pm each Monday night beginning Monday, August 25th…There will specials during each show at the House of Pizza so bring the family and come enjoy the food and conversation… From 6:00 until closing on Monday nights they will selling wings for 75₵ each (that’s 25₵ of the normal price)… They will also have some wing and pizza combo specials available… If you can’t make it, you can always catch the show on Real Radio 860 WLBG or on the internet at www.wlbg.com
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagoogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the BHP Bears… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike Hughes reports from the side lines and Philip Dean will bring you all the statistics… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7
Happenings at – Clinton & Laurens YMCA, City of Laurens Parks & Recreation and PC
PC Sports Camps
- Baseball CampCoach Elton Pollock will be holding the Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) for baseball players in grades 9-12 and Junior College August 30-31… If your youngster is into baseball this is a great way for them to improve their basic skills… It’s not too early to register… For more information click on the following link: Blue Hose Select baseball Camp (Session II) Information
Laurens YMCA: The YMCA is offering a $15 if you sign up before the deadline for registration
- Registration is now underway for Fall Soccer at the Laurens YMCA… It is open to youth ages 3-15 and registration will close August 31st… The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : email@example.com
- The Laurens YMCA will be registering youth for Flag Football starting Sept 2 – October 3… It will be open for youth ages 3-14…. The fee is $65 for YMCA members and $75 for non-members… For more information contact Josie Parker at 864-984-2626 or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing at this time
Laurens Parks & Recreation:
- Fall Baseball… Registration is open until August 30th for fall baseball with the City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Department… The divisions are for those 6-8 (coaches pitch) and 8-11 (players pitch)… The cost is $25 and includes a gat and jersey….You can register during normal business hours at the Little River Park office and for more information email them at email@example.com
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.