Local Sports Results:
- Boys’ Tennis: CHS 7 – Union 0… Yesterday the Red Devil boys’ tennis team hosted Union County and there is good news as Clinton took a dominating 7-0 win…In singles action Isaac MacMillan, Robert Powell and Ike Waldron all took shutout wins while Tyler Trevino and Alexander Windsor had very one-sided wins… In doubles action Zach Bedenbaugh and Anders Orr teamed up to take a win as the #2 doubles team while MacMillan and Powell also took a shutout win as the #1 doubles team.
- Tennis Finished Third at Palmetto Boys Tennis Tournament … Back on February 24-26 the CHS Boys Tennis team was in action at the Palmetto Boys Tennis Tournament at the Cayce Tennis Center… There were 12 teams in action there and the Red Devils finisher third… They defeated Brooklyn –Cayce 6-0, defeated Lexington 4-2, lost to Chapin 4-2 and defeated Camden 6-0…. Congratulations to the Red Devils for a fine showing against some teams from much larger schools….To see more details on each of these matches, click on the following: Palmetto Boys Finish 3
- Boys’ Soccer: Dixie 3 – CHS 0… The Red Devil boys’ soccer team was also in action yesterday as they traveled to Due West to take on the Dixie Hornets… Dixie scored a single goal in the first half and 2 in the second half to take a 3-0 over the Red Devils… Sorry no further detail.
- Baseball: Oakbrook Prep 11 – LA 1… The Laurens Academy Crusaders hosted Oakbrook Prep yesterday and the visitors were not very nice as they took an 11-1 win over the Crusader dropping the Crusaders to 0-2 on the young season… Sorry, no other details.
- Women’s AP Poll… The Division I women’s basketball AP Poll that came out earlier this week still has undefeated UConn firmly in #1 but there was some shakeup after that… Baylor moves from #4 to #2, Notre Dame jumps from #5 to #3, Maryland drops from #3 to #4 and South Carolina moves up from #7 to #5… To see the rest of the poll, click here.
- SEC Women’s basketball Tournament… Well as most true women’s college basketball fans already know , the SEC Women’s Tournament kicks off today up at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville.. There are a couple of “play-in “ games today as #12 Alabama takes on #13 Vanderbilt and #11 Florida takes on #14 Arkansas… There will be a full slate of games starting tomorrow and regular season champion South Carolina ranked #1 in the tournament does not hit the floor until Friday… To see the complete tournament bracket, click here.
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Baseball: Tuesday 3-7-17 as the Raiders host Riverside at 7:30 pm
- Baseball: Wednesday 3-8-17 as the Raiders host Emerald at 6:00 pm
- Softball: Thursday 3-9-17 as the Raiders host Woodruff at 6:00 pm
- Softball: Friday 3-10-17 as the Raiders host Riverside at 6:30 pm,
Local Sports Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week at LDHS, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week at CHS, click here
- Laurens Academy: No games the rest of the week.
This & That:
- 39th Annual CHS / CMS FCA Community Prayer Breakfast… Once again this year the Clinton Family YMCA is teaming up with the Clinton HS and Clinton MS FCA to have their 39th Annual Community Prayer Breakfast… This series of four breakfast meetings will start on Monday, March 6th and conclude Thursday, March 10th … The breakfast will start each morning at 7:15 in the CHS cafeteria and the cost for adults is $3 per day participate in the breakfast portion of the meeting… The meeting will then will move to the CHS main gym at 8 am for the featured speaker each of the four days… For more information as to who the speakers are each day click here… Middle school and high school age students are encouraged to attend at no cost to them… For more information, call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555
- City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Girls Volleyball… Registration is open for young ladies ages 9-14 who would like to play volleyball … Registrations are being taken until March 13th. Registration is $80…You register at The Ridge near the EMS headquarters…. Volleyball nights will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm… All games will be played at The Ridge
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.