- Neal Signs with Methodist University… Yesterday at CHS there was an event that is becoming more common than in years past and that is a very good thing… In front of a larger assembly of friend, family and faculty CHS senior football and basketball player Keith Neal signed a letter of intent to continue his education and football career nest season at Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC… Coach Andrew Webb was quick to point out that this accomplishment came only because Keith was willing to put in the work required both on the field and in the classroom… The Monarchs play in the USA South Conference a Division III program… Congratulations to Keith!
PC Men’s basketball: Campbell 81 – PC 62… The PC men’s basketball team saw their season come to an end Tuesday night in the opening round of the Big South Tournament as the Campbell Camels took an 81-62 win… The team rallied back from a 28-point halftime deficit to pull within 15 late in the second, but ran out of time…. Darius Moore scored 18 of his 21 points in the second half to help rally the Blue Hose…. PC ended the season with a 5-25 record.
SEC Women’s Tournament… The SEC Women’s basketball Tournament kicked off yesterday up at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville… For complete information on games below, brackets and other info, click here… All games can be seen on the SEC Network.
- Yesterday… In games yesterday #12 Alabama defeated # 13 Vanderbilt 77-53 and #11 Florida defeated Arkansas.71-61
- Today… At noon #9 Auburn takes on #8 Georgia and shortly after that game is over # 12 Alabama faces # 5 Tennessee… Game 3 will start at 6 pm and has #10 Ole Miss taking on #7 LSU and shortly after that #11 Florida must face # 6 Texas A&M.
ACC Women’s Tournament… The ACC women’s basketball Tournament also kicked off yesterday and they also are playing in South Carolina as their tournament is being held at the HTC Center down in Conway… To see more details on the game results below, tournament bracket, schedule or other information, click here
- Yesterday… In the first game yesterday #13 Clemson defeated #12 Virginia Tech 67-66… #10 Georgia Tech defeated #15 Boston College 71-67 and in the last game #15 North Carolina defeated #11 Pittsburg 72-60.
- Today… #13 Clemson will take on #5 Louisville at 11:00 am, #9 Wake Forest will face #8 Virginia about 2:00 pm, #10 Georgia Tech will face off against #7 Miami about 6:00 pm and lastly #14 North Carolina at 8:00 pm.
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Baseball: Tuesday 3-7-17 as the Raiders host Riverside at 7:30 pm
- Baseball: Wednesday 3-8-17 as the Raiders host Emerald at 6:00 pm
- Softball: Thursday 3-9-17 as the Raiders host Woodruff at 6:00 pm
- Softball: Friday 3-10-17 as the Raiders host Riverside at 6:30 pm,
Local Spots Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week at LDHS, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week at CHS, click here
- Laurens Academy:
This & That:
- 39th Annual CHS / CMS FCA Community Prayer Breakfast… Once again this year the Clinton Family YMCA is teaming up with the Clinton HS and Clinton MS FCA to have their 39th Annual Community Prayer Breakfast… This series of four breakfast meetings will start on Monday, March 6th and conclude Thursday, March 10th … The breakfast will start each morning at 7:15 in the CHS cafeteria and the cost for adults is $3 per day participate in the breakfast portion of the meeting… The meeting will then will move to the CHS main gym at 8 am for the featured speaker each of the four days… For more information as to who the speakers are each day click here… Middle school and high school age students are encouraged to attend at no cost to them… For more information, call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555
- City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Girls Volleyball… Registration is open for young ladies ages 9-14 who would like to play volleyball … Registrations are being taken until March 13th. Registration is $80…You register at The Ridge near the EMS headquarters…. Volleyball nights will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm… All games will be played at The Ridge
- BBQ at the Plate… On Friday march 17th the Raider baseball team will be having a fund raider called BBQ at the Plate… You will have a choice of ribs or a pulled pork sandwich and either comes with baked beans coleslaw or potato chips and tea… The cost will be $8 per plate and tickets can be obtained from any Raider baseball player… I suggest you get your tickets before that night as they are only fixing a little more than preordered and I can’t promise that you will be able to get a meal that night unless you do preorder.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.