- Women’s BK: PC 63 – Longwood 62… The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team fought back from a seven-point Longwood deficit late in the fourth quarter to earn a 63-62 comeback win over the Lancers last Saturday up in Farmville, Va…. . This concluded PC’s regular season and they finished it with a 12-17 record, including 10-8 in Big South play…. Cortney Storey led the Blue Hose with 22 points… PC earned a #6 seed in the Big South Tournament which starts this Friday and they will face the # 3 seed High Point at 8:00 pm on the campus of Liberty University… For more information on this contest, click here.
- Softball… The Lady Blue hose softball team was in action in the Eagle Classic down in Statesboro, Ga. this past weekend and the news is not as good as it could be as they won only 1 of 4 ballgames… If you would like to find out more information about these four games, click here and it will take you to the softball schedule where there are links to each game’s results…While you are there you will note that the team is scheduled to be back in action today as they will host Youngstown State in a doubleheader of action starting at 2:00 pm.
- Baseball… The Blue Hose baseball team was also in action this weekend as they played 3 games up in the Greenville area… Now the news is better here as they won 2 of the 3 games they played… To find out more about those games, click here… The team is scheduled to host Butler today at 2:00 pm and then tomorrow they are scheduled to host N.C. Central at 3:00 pm..
- Want to Know More About Any Sport at PC, if so remember that www.gobluehose.com is the official website of PC Athletics.
Local Sports Notes:
Soccer: The Clinton Red Devil soccer team was in action this past weekend as they traveled to Spartanburg to participate in the Viking Invitational.
- Oakbrook Prep 2 – Clinton 0… In their first game in the tournament on Friday the Red Devils lost to Oakbrook Prep 2-0… Oakbrook had 18 shots on goal while the Red Devils managed only 3.
- Greer 4 – Clinton 0… In their first game on Saturday the Red Devils had to face the Greer Yellow Jackets and it was scoreless after the first half but Greer scored 4 unanswered goals in the second half to take a 4-0 win… Clinton managed just 1 shot of goal to Greer’s 19.
- Blue Ridge 2 – Clinton 0… In the second game on Saturday the Blue Ridge Tigers kept the Red Devils winless as they took a 2-0 win over the Red Devils… Blue Ridge scored all their goals in the second half…. The Red devils are now 0-4-0 on the young season
Baseball: I also need to catch up with the Red Devil baseball team which took on Riverside last Friday.
- Riverside 11 – Clinton 0 (5)… The Red Devils ran into a good Riverside Warrior baseball team last Friday and the Clinton bats and pitchers accuracy had a less than stellar night as the warriors took an 11-0 win… The warriors scored 4 in the second inning and 7 in the fifth off just 5 hits but three Red Devil pitchers gave up 11 walks and struck out just 3 while the Red Devils collected only 2 hits… To see the box score and some stats on the game, click on the following: 17-3-3-Riverside-CHSB
- ACC Men’s Tournament Starts Today…. The Clemson men’s basketball team hits the hardwood today as they open up action in the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament up in New York… They have a # 12 seed and must play #13 see NC State today at noon… Now for more information on the tournament including the brackets, click here… One word of caution, the times on the brackets are AST (American Standard Time) which is not the same as EST… Noon EST is 1:00 pm AST… Leave it to those Yankees to mess up your mind using a weird time designation.
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Baseball: Tuesday 3-7-17 as the Raiders host Riverside at 7:30 pm
- Baseball: Wednesday 3-8-17 as the Raiders host Emerald at 6:00 pm
- Softball: Thursday 3-9-17 as the Raiders host Woodruff at 6:00 pm
- Softball: Friday 3-10-17 as the Raiders host Riverside at 6:30 pm,
Local Sports Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week at LDHS, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week at CHS, click here
- Laurens Academy: Baseball at Wardlaw Tuesday 3-7-17
This & That:
- 39th Annual CHS / CMS FCA Community Prayer Breakfast… Once again this year the Clinton Family YMCA is teaming up with the Clinton HS and Clinton MS FCA to have their 39th Annual Community Prayer Breakfast… This series of four breakfast meetings will start on Monday, March 6th and conclude Thursday, March 10th … The breakfast will start each morning at 7:15 in the CHS cafeteria and the cost for adults is $3 per day participate in the breakfast portion of the meeting… The meeting will then will move to the CHS main gym at 8 am for the featured speaker each of the four days… For more information as to who the speakers are each day click here… Middle school and high school age students are encouraged to attend at no cost to them… For more information, call the Clinton YMCA at 833-1555
- City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Girls Volleyball… Registration is open for young ladies ages 9-14 who would like to play volleyball … Registrations are being taken until March 13th. Registration is $80…You register at The Ridge near the EMS headquarters…. Volleyball nights will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm… All games will be played at The Ridge
- BBQ at the Plate… On Friday march 17th the Raider baseball team will be having a fund raider called BBQ at the Plate… You will have a choice of ribs or a pulled pork sandwich and either comes with baked beans coleslaw or potato chips and tea… The cost will be $8 per plate and tickets can be obtained from any Raider baseball player… I suggest you get your tickets before that night as they are only fixing a little more than preordered and I can’t promise that you will be able to get a meal that night unless you do preorder.
- Laurens County Hall of Fame Banquet Tickets on Sale… The Laurens County Sports Hall of Fame will induct eight members into its first class on March 30, 2017… The induction ceremony will be held at The Ridge at Laurens at 6:30pm… Tickets are on sale now at the Clinton YMCA, Laurens YMCA and Farm Bureau… Individual tickets are $25 and include the meal catered by Lee’s BBQ… The deadline to purchase tickets is March 24… No tickets will be sold at the door… For more information as to whom the inductees are and about the LCSHOF click here.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.