- Softball: The Blue Hose softball team travelled up to Farmville, VA this past weekend to take on the Longwood Lancers… The two teams split a doubleheader on Friday as Longwood took the first game on Friday by a score of 2-0 but PC turned the tables in the second game and took a 2-0 win… In the final game of the series on Saturday the Blue Hose took a 4-0 win… To see more information on any of these games, click on their score…. The team will host Radford this coming weekend.
- Baseball: The Blue Hose baseball team was also up at Longwood this weekend as they also had a 3 game series with the Lancers that actually started last Thursday when Longwood took a 2-1 win…. PC bounced back on Friday and defeated Longwood 2-1… In the third game of the series on Saturday, the Blue Hose defeated the Lancers 10-2… For more information about any of those games, click on their score… The Blue Hose will travel up the road tomorrow to take on Furman in a 6:00 pm contest
Local Sports Notes:
- Softball: Laurens 12 – Clinton 9 (8)… Yesterday the Laurens and Clinton softball teams paled game 1 of their annual 2-game series at CHS… It was a game that went back and forth as the two teams were about as equally matched as they have been in several years… The game was tied 9-9 at the end of regulation and Laurens pitcher Rachel Delio had a two-out bases loaded double that drove in 3 runs and then set the Red Devils down in order in the bottom of the inning to lift the Raiders to a 12-9 win over the Red Devils… The teams pounded out 24 hits between them with Laurens having 15 of them… Hunter Benson, Makayla Pearson, Dianna Martin and Kalen Richardson all had 2 each for the Red Devils…The raiders were led at the plate by CJ Ginn who had 3 hits including a homerun…. Annsley Nelson also had a homer for the Raiders… Delio picked up the win for the Raiders and Kam Aiken took the loss for the Red Devils… For the game’s box score and stats click on the following: 17-4-17-SB-Clinton… For the game’s scorecard click on the following: 17-4-17-SB-Clinton-scorecard… The two teams will play at Laurens Thursday night.
- Baseball: Clinton 2 – Woodruff 0… Last night at CHS the Red Devil baseball team squared off against the Woodruff Wolverines in region action… If you like a nice low scoring, pitcher’s duel type of game this one was for you… The two teams combined for managed a total of 7 hits and 2 runs and good news for red Devil fans as they had 6 of those hots and both the runs defeating Woodruff 2-0… The Red Devils score both their runs in the 5th inning when Caleb Riddle led off with a double and was later brought in on a single by Charlie Craven who in turn was brought in 3 batters later on a sacrifice fly by Cameron Bishop…. Aaron Copeland picked up the win going 5 innings with Cameron Bishop getting the save… For the game’s box score and stats click on the following:17-4-17-BB-CHS-Woodruff … For the game’s scorecard click on the following: 17-4-17-BB-CHS-Woodruff-scorecard… The same two teams play today at Woodruff.
- Softball: Seniors Honored… Last night before the softball game with Laurens, the Red Devils honored their five seniors… They are MK Kelly, Makayla Pearson, Kalen Richardson, Katie Roland and Jasmine Coleman
- Basketball Finalist… As most of you will remember, LDHS head basketball coach Ben Sinclair stepped down just before the end of the season… Late last week it was announced that there had 15 application for that position and that the field had been narrowed down to four finalist … Those four finalist are Michael Morrison, Ryan Walker, Charles Wimphrie and Rico Salliewhite… Three of the finalists have ties to the Laurens area and one actually has NBA experience… For more information on each of these candidates click on the following: Basketball Finalist… A decision is expected to be made by early May.
- Braves: 5-4 over Padres, 4 straight, Dansby Swanson 2-out bases loaded single for walk=off win click here
- Drive: 5-3 loss at Lexington Legends click here.
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Softball: Wednesday 4-19-17 as the Raiders host Hillcrest in varsity action at 7:30 and for Diner on the Diamond.
- Baseball or Softball: Thursday 4-20-17 vs. Clinton to be decided later.
- Softball: Friday 4-21-17 as the Raiders host Mauldin in varsity action at 7:30
- Baseball: Saturday, 4-22-17 as the Raiders host Greenwood at 7:30, Senior Night
- Softball: Monday, 4-24-17 as the Raiders host Wade Hampton.
Local Sports Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- Laurens Academy: The Crusaders are at Newberry Academy today at 5:30
This & That:
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.