Local Sports Notes:
- Baseball: Woodruff 4 – Clinton 0… For the second time in just under 24 hours the Clinton Red Devils and the Woodruff Wolverines faced off on the baseball diamond at CHS because the field condition at Woodruff was poor where the game was supposed to be played… As you may recall at Clinton on Monday night the two teams produced just 7 hits and two runs with Clinton getting 6 of the hits and 2 runs in a 2-0 win… Well last night it was pretty much the same as the two teams combined for just 8 hits and 4 runs the only problem for Red Devil fans is that Woodruff had 6 of the hits and all 4 of the runs as they took a 4-0 win over Clinton… Woodruff put all 4 of their runs on the board in the 5th inning using 4 of their 6 hits and a walk… Aaron Copeland and Taylor Bailey had the two Clinton hits with Bailey’s being a double… For the game’s box score and stats click on the following: 17-4-18-BB-CHS-Woodruff… For the game’s scorecard click on the following: 17-4-18-BB-CHS-Woodruff-scorebook … The Red Devils host Laurens tomorrow.
- Soccer: Clinton 1 – Woodruff 0… The Red Devil soccer team was also in action yesterday and they traveled up to Woodruff but the news is better here as the Red Devils took a 1-0 win over the Wolverines… Luke Mann had the lone goal in the match and Parker Duncan was credited with an assist… The Red Devils had 16 shots on goal to Woodruffs 8 and Jack Harkins had 6 saves in goal… The Red Devils are now 6-11 overall but more importantly 6-3 in region play.
- Golf: Woodruff 177 – Clinton 227… The golf team was also in action yesterday as they continued what seems to be Woodruff Day” as they hosted the Wolverines… I wish I had better news for Red Devil fans but I must report that Woodruff took a 177-227 win… Lawrence Coleman and Blaine Crisp had the lowest scores for the Red Devils both shooting a 55… Diego Washington had a 56, Justin Snead 61, Wil Riser 62 and Justin Easter 66.
- Tennis: Clinton 6 – Newberry 0… Yesterday at the CHS tennis courts the Red Devils played host to the Newberry Bulldogs and the Red Devils pretty much spanked the Bulldogs with their racquets as the Red Devils took a 6-0 win… Isaac McMillian, Robert Powell, Ike Waldron, Alexander Winsor and Zach Bedenbaugh all took very one-side wins in singles action… The #1 doubles team did not play but the #2 team of Kyler Simmons and Anders Orr did and they also took a very one-sided win over their opponents… The team is now 10-2 overall and 7-0 in region play and will travel to Woodruff today to Woodruff today to finish a match that was started but not completed Monday due to rain… They return home tomorrow for Senior Night and their opponent will be Woodruff.
- Baseball: L.A. 13 – Newberry 4… Other than the fact that the game took place at Newberry and that the Crusaders are 3-0 in the region, I have no further details.
- Braves: Nationals 3 – Braves 1… The Atlanta Braves had their 5-game winning streak broken last night and suffered their first loss at Sun Trust Park as the Washington Nations took a 3-1 win over the Braves… For more information on this game, click here.. Game two of the three-game series is in Atlanta tonight at 7:35.
- Drive: Drive 3 – Legends 2… The Greenville Drive got back on the winning track last night as they defeated the Lexington Legends 3-2 up in Lexington last night… For more information on this contest, click here…. The final game of their 3-game series is today at 10:05 am and the drive will return home to start a 7-game home stand tomorrow.
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Softball: Wednesday 4-19-17 as the Raiders host Hillcrest in varsity action at 7:30 and for Diner on the Diamond.
- Baseball or Softball: Thursday 4-20-17 vs. Clinton to be decided later.
- Softball: Friday 4-21-17 as the Raiders host Mauldin in varsity action at 7:30
- Baseball: Saturday, 4-22-17 as the Raiders host Greenwood at 7:30, Senior Night
- Softball: Monday, 4-24-17 as the Raiders host Wade Hampton.
Local Sports Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- Laurens Academy: The Crusaders travel to Richard Winn on Thursday for a 6:00 pm contest
This & That:
Diner on the Diamond… Tonight at the LDHS softball games with Hillcrest they will be having Diner on the Diamond where you can get BBQ ribs, baked beans, slaw, desert and tea for just $10 and all proceeds go toward the Raider softball program.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.