- Baseball: Furman 11 – PC 6… The Blue Hose baseball team traveled to Furman on Tuesday and the Paladins defeated PC 11-6… For more information on this contest, click here…. Starting this afternoon at 3:00 pm the Blue Hose will be hosting High Point in a 3-game series this weekend…
- Softball… The PC softball team had no mid-week games but they also will be at home starting today at 4:00 pm as they start a 3-game series with Radford.
- Football… The PC campus will really be hoping tomorrow because in addition to the baseball and softball teams having home contest the football team will be concluding its spring practice with the annual Blue-White Spring Game at Bailey Memorial Stadium starting at 11:00 am… Admission is free and if you want more details about this game, click here.
Local Sports Notes:
LDHS & CHS…The Raider and Red Devils faced off against each other last night with the softball teams playing at Laurens and the baseball teams playing at Clinton.
- Softball: Laurens 14 0 Clinton 4 (5)… In softball action the Raider defeated the Red Devils 14-4 in 5 innings… Clinton came out and put 2 runs on the board in the top of the first inning but the Raider responded with 6 in the bottom of the inning and went on the win 14-4 in 5 innings… Kalen Richardson led the Red Devils at the plate getting 2 of their 6 hits and one of her hits was a double… The Raider were led by Cassy Plaia and Mattie Cantrell who each recorded 3 of the Raider 16 hits and one of Cantrell’s was a 3-run homer… For the game’s box score and stats click on the following: 17-4-20-SB-Clinton… For the game’s scorecard click on the following: 17-4-20-SB-Clinton-scorecard …. The Raider will host Mauldin today in a very important region game and we will broadcast the varsity game about 7:30… Now the Clinton Red Devils learned last night that they will have to extend their season one more game as Chapman defeated Newberry last night creating a tie for fourth place in their region… Chapman and Clinton will play for fourth place (and a spot in the upcoming playoffs) tonight at 6:00 pm at Woodruff high schools… Red Devil fans and Raider fans need to come out and support their teams tonight in very important games!
- Baseball: Laurens 6 – Clinton 2… In the baseball game at Clinton the Raiders were victorious by a score of 6-2… After one inning of play the Red Devils led 2-1 but Laurens but 3 runs on the board in the top of the third inning and held the Red Devils scoreless the rest of the way while they added single runs in the fourth and fifth innings… The Red Devils had 5 hits with Charlie Craven getting 2 of them to lead the team… The Raider had 9 hits and both Ethan Jones and Jalen Bragg had 2 each… One of Jones’ was a solo homer in the first… For the game’s box score and stats click on the following: 17-4-20-BB-Clinton-scorebook… For the game’s scorecard click on the following: 17-4-20-SB-Clinton-scorecard … The Red Devils will host Chapman tonight and the Raider will host Greenwood Saturday night and both are very important region games for each team… We plan on broadcasting the Greenwood game tomorrow night and see my sports report for important information about it.
- JV Softball & Baseball… In JV softball action, Clinton took a 10-5 win over Laurens but in JV baseball action Laurens took a 5-0 win over Clinton… In the baseball game, Laurens Nick Robertson took the win giving up just 4 hits while striking out 4…. Deonte Smith was 2 -2 at the plate and scored 3 runs.
- Golf: Chapman 176 – Clinton 191… The Clinton boys’ golf team played host to Chapman yesterday and the Panther defeated the Red Devils 176 – 191… Blaine Crisp had the low score for Clinton shooting a 45… Other Red Devils scores were Lawrence Coleman 46, Diego Washington 48, Will Riser 52, and both Justin Snead & Justin Easter had shot a 60.
- Tennis: The Red Devil tennis team actually played Woodruff twice yesterday as they made up a match that was weather delayed from earlier in the month… Good news here as Clinton won both matches by the same score, 6-0… For more information on these matches, click on the following: 17-4-20-Woodruff
- Baseball: Richard Winn 18 – L.A. 8… at Richard Winn, sorry no other details.
- Nationals 3 – Braves 2… For more information on this game, click here… The Braves tart a road trip tonight with the first stop being in Philadelphia.
- Rome Braves 6 – Drive 1… For more information on this game, click here
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Softball: Friday 4-21-17 as the Raider host Mauldin in varsity action at 7:30
- Baseball: Saturday, 4-22-17 as the Raider host Greenwood at 7:30, Senior Night
- oftball: Monday, 4-24-17 as the Raider host Wade Hampton.
Local Sports Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- Laurens Academy: The Crusaders travel to Brashier Middle College today for a 6:00 pm contest
This & That:
- Senior Night for Raider Baseball is scheduled for Saturday, April 22. The JV game will begin at 4:30 with senior recognitions to follow. The Varsity game will begin at 7:30. Saturday also serves as Little League day. All Little League players and coaches will be allowed free admission to the games as long as they have on their Little League jersey. The cost of admission is $5.00 for all others. There will be a bounce house on sight for the kids to enjoy. The cost for the Bounce House will be $2.00. Little League players will be allowed to run the bases at the end of the Varsity game. Please come and support the Raider Baseball team as this is their final game of the Regular Season.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.