SWAT Team & SLED Helicopter Aid in Arrest

Jonathan Mark Fuller

A Gray Court area man is facing multiple charges after the Sheriff’s Office called a SWAT Team and SLED Helicopter in to facilitate his arrest. A Sheriff’s statement indicates at around 9:15 last Thursday morning a Deputy patrolling Highway 92 in Laurens County observed a vehicle with a car tag that didn’t match. The Sheriff indicates a passenger who was forced from the vehicle indicated the diver was in possession of a firearm.

When a deputy tried to make contact, the driver reportedly fled to another location. There, attempts to make contact from a safe distance were not successful. The SWAT team and a SLED Aviation Team were activated.

Eventually, with the SWAT team moving closer and with assistance from the SLED Helicopter, the subject was taken into custody.

Initially, 60-year-old Jonathan Mark Fuller of Hill Street, Gray Court was issued tickets from Deputy Gary at 3:00 am Friday on Warrior Creek Church Road, charging him with Failure to Stop for Police, Improper Display and 3rd Offense Driving under Suspension.

Jonathan Fuller was also charged with Trafficking in Meth or Cocaine Base. He is accused of having between 10 and 28 grams of methamphetamine. Other warrants served charge him with Possession of a Firearm in Commission of a Violent Crime as well as Possession of a Firearm and/or Ammunition by a Person who’s been Convicted of a Violent Crime. They allege he was in possession of a “PA style” AR 15 rifle and ammunition. Fuller is also charged with Resisting Arrest.

Cash or surety bonds were set totaling $67,250. Jonathan Mark Fuller remained in the Johnson Detention Center this morning.

Sheriff Don Reynolds said, “This situation could have certainly had the worst outcome. I am proud of our SWAT Team for their diligence, dedication, and quick thinking. Our road deputies made sure that those closest to the situation were evacuated and well out of harm’s reach.” The Sheriff thanked Captain Hunnicutt’s willingness and ability to communicate with Mr. Fuller, along with the training of the SWAT team that made this a successful operation.

Fuller was also served with a Bench Warrant showing he has been convicted of a previous Driving under Suspension charge and sentenced to 30 days or $647.50.