- Mikayla Gregory Sign with Erskine…. Last Tuesday at CHS senior Mikayla Gregory signed a letter of intent to continue her education and cross country career at Erskine College… She joins Davis Cunningham and Chandler Todd who a few days before signed to play baseball at Erskine
- Waldron Region 3-AAA Player of the Year… At the end of this past tennis season, Gracie Waldron was selected as the Region 3-AAA Player of the Year…. She also qualifies for and played in the SCHSL 2015 AAAA/AAA Singles Tennis Tournament in Cayce a couple of weeks ago.
- Mason Paige Gambrell Selected to North-South All-Star Tennis Match… Another member of the Lady Red Devil tennis team garnered a post-season honor as Mason Paige Gambrell was to play in the North-South All-Star Tennis match back on November 21st… Also CHS Tennis Coach Clovis Simmons was selected to be a coach in that event and had the opportunity to coach her one last time.
- Tay Cook to Play in North-South All-Star Game… On final congratulation that is a little belated and that goes to Tay Cook who will be playing in the SC Coaches Association North – South All-Star Game on December 12th down in Myrtle Beach… Congratulations to all these Red Devils!!
- Anna Stevenson Makes All-Region Team… LDHS volleyball player Anna Stevenson was selected to the Region I-AAAA All-Region Volleyball team… She was also selected as the MVP on this year’s Raider squad… Hanna Robbins was the most improved on the Raider team this past season.
- End of Season Raider Football Statistics… We all know the Raiders season ended a little over a week ago now with the loss to the Northwestern Trojans… We know the Raiders ended the season 6-6… Some people like to keep up with statistics so if you are one of those people, click on the following links for final season stats… 2015-Laurens_final_season_COMBINED
- Clemson Wins Palmetto Bowl… Unless you are a space alien who landed in South Carolina within the last 36 hours or have just come out of a comma within that same amount of time, you know that the Clemson Tigers won this years’ Palmetto Bowl 37-32 Saturday in Columbia… If you are honest you most likely thought the final score would have been more lopsided in Clemson’s favor… I know I did… I think that the most talented and better team won Saturday but I am also proud that the Gamecocks didn’t believe all the pre-game hype and played arguably their best game of the season… I truly hope Clemson makes it to the playoff this year but one friendly word of caution… Watch your turnovers… Some teams you will face there most likely will turn them into points… That being said… Go Tigers!
LOCAL SPORTS SCHEDULE: [Read more…]