CHS: … Last night the Red Devil JV basketball teams traveled to Broome HS to take on the Centurions.
- Girls: Clinton 22 – Broome 21… Sorry no other details.
- Boys: Broome 48 – Clinton 43… Coach Glenn said the team wasn’t able to finish the game when it counted the most… Clinton was led by JD Payne who had 16 points with Konnor Richardson having 10 points.
- Wrestling: Laurens 42 – Greenwood 38… The Raider wrestling team was back in action last night as they hosted the Greenwood Eagles in region action…. Goon news here as the Raiders defeated the Eagles in a close one 42-38…. Those Raiders who were actually able to take wins on the mats against their opponent were: Damien Ladd, Erick Diaz, Caleb Reid and Shokeil Moses… Now there were some other Raiders who took wins by forfeit and if you would like to see that information and complete details on the match, click here.
Middle School Basketball:
Sanders at Wright MS…. The Yellow Jackets traveled to Abbeville to take on the Wildcats of Wright MS.
- Girls: WMS 27 – Sanders 4…. The game was tied 2-2 at the end of the first quarter but the Wildcats broke it open scoring 15 in the second quarter and held Sanders scoreless in the second and third quarters in route oto the win…. Sorry no other details.
- Boys: WMS 35 – Sanders 32… Sanders started out well in the first half of the boys’ game as they posted a 20-13 lead at the half… However they were only able to manage 12 points in the second half while the Wildcats scored 22 thus coming back to take a 35-32 win over Sanders…. Sorry no other details.
CMS-W at Mid-Carolina… The White Wildcats vs. the Rebels
- Girls: Mid-C 24 – CMS-W 7…. Sorry no other details.
- Boys: CMS-W 33 – Mid-C 30…. Sorry no other details
Hickory Tavern at CMS-R… The Panthers vs. the Red Wildcats
- Girls: HT 32 – CMS-R 23… The HT girls continue to roll along as they posted a 32-23 win over the Wildcat last night… It was a tougher than normal win as the Wildcats and Panthers fought to a 6-6 tie at the end of the first quarter and then the Panthers outscored the Wildcats in the second and third quarters in route to the win… Raniya Jackson had a game-high 17 points to lead the Panthers and Sandajah Vance chipped in 8 points… For the Wildcats, Ayauncey Peake led the scoring with 6 points while both Norrea Moss and Jadya Briley had 4 points.
- Boys: CMS-R 52 – HT 18… In the boys’ game the Wildcats turned the tables taking a 52-18 win… The Wildcats outscored the panthers 9-1 in the first quarter and then continued to do pretty much the same in each of the remaining quarters to take the win… C.K. Vance led the Wildcats with 11 points and Jykori Gary chipped in 8 to be the top two scorers for the Wildcats… For the Panthers the top two scorers were Kevin Norman with 6 points and Collin Gambrel with 5.
Local Sports Schedule: [Read more…]