The City of Clinton will be hosting another of its Town Rhythms free concert series tonight down at The Depot… The band performing will be the Fantastic Shakers featuring Clinton’s own John Franklin… The action starts at 7 pm so bring your lawn chairs and come on out.
The City of Laurens Parks and Recreation Department has asked me to remind you that the third round of performances for Laurens Idol and Junior Idol will take place tonight at 6:30 at the Laurens Amphitheater… After last week’s performances and voting only 11 finalists remain… To see who they are and to find out how to vote for your favorite, click here.
Laurens County Speedway… Let’s take a look back at the main event results from each division at the LCS last Saturday night.
- Limited… Frankie Coates has been in the middle of a drought this season as he had not found his way to victory lane but that ended last Saturday night as he took the checkered flag in the Limited main event… Jimmy Taylor took second and Austin Watkins was third.
- Crates… Taylor Puckett was the first car across the finish line in the Crates as he qualified for the pole in the main event and led from wire to wire… The real battle was for the next two spots and Deano Long beat out B.J. Eubanks for second with Eubanks coming in 3rd.
- Hobby… Chris Lyons continues to be the “King of the Hill” in the Hobby division as he won his sixth consecutive race… The next two drivers across the finish line were Lucas Motte and Tim Tollison in that order.
- Stock Thunder… Bruce Barnett took the lead early in the Stock Thunder main event and never lost it… Tinker Roberts won the battle for second place with Casey Lawson was right behind him in third.
- FWD… Andrew Patterson started on the pole and had a battle on his hands the first few laps but eventually came out on top… Travis Jamieson finished second and Tony Hill third… Remember the gates open at 6 pm each Saturday at the LCS and racing starts at 8 pm.
- Arizona 3 – UC Santa Barbara 0… In the CWS last night, Arizona eliminated UC Santa Barbra by taking a 3-0 win over the Gauchos… Arizona scored all 3 of their runs in the third inning and then kept the Gauchos off the board limiting them to just 6 hits… For more information on this game, click here…. There is one game on tap in the CWS tonight and that is Coastal Carolina vs. Texas Tech in an elimination game at 8 pm… That game can be seen on ESPN 2.
- Marlins 3 – Braves 0… I have often heard that all good things must come to an end and that was true for the Braves yesterday as the Marlins defeated the Braves 3-0 ending their 6 game winning streak… The Marlins picked up all 3 of their runs in the second inning and then made them standup as they outhit the Braves 9-6…. For more information on this game, click here… The Braves return home tonight to start an 11-game home stand with the first team coming into The Ted being the NY Mets.
- Drive…The Greenville Drive have taken a break for the last 3 days for the SAL All-Star game on Tuesday night but that break is over as they get back into action tonight hosting the Lakewood Blue Claws in the first game of a 4-game home stand… They finished the first half of their season 37-32 and finished in 2nd place in the Southern Division behind Charleston who had a 42-27 record at the break.
Countdown to Kickoff… [Read more…]