- Baseball: Wofford 10 – PC 9… Two eighth-inning solo home runs pushed Wofford past the Presbyterian College baseball team, 10-9, on Wednesday night at Fluor Field in Greenville in a contest that went back and forth all night… For more information on this contest, click here… The team will be back in action this weekend hosting Radford in a 3-game series… The first game is this afternoon and first pitch is scheduled for 3:00 pm.
- Softball Drops Two… The PC softball team was also in action this past Wednesday as they traveled up to Johnson City, Tn. to take on the Bucs of East Tennessee State in a doubleheader… The news is not what I like to report as ETSU Bucs won the first game 3-2 and the second game 5-4…For more information on these contest, click here… The softball team will also be at home this weekend as they take on Charleston southern… They are scheduled to play a doubleheaders tomorrow starting at 1:00 pm and a single game on Sunday also starting at 1:00 pm.
Local Sports Notes: As you most likely would have guessed, most all of the athletic events were postponed soon after lunch yesterday and all that I know off except one that they tried to play did not get finished… The Laurens Raider baseball team and Woodruff completed two inning with Woodruff leading 1-0 when the game had to be suspended… No word as to when / if that game will be finished.
- Soccer: Woodruff 3 – Clinton 1… The Red Devil soccer team did manage to get their home match in with the Woodruff Wolverines… The match was tied 1-1 at the half but Woodruff scored two unanswered goals in the second half to take a 3-1 win… Luke Mann had the Red Devils lone goal and Parker Duncan was credited with an assist… The Red Devils fall to 3-10 overall on the season and 2-2 in region play.
Laurens County Sports Hall of Fame…
- Eight Inducted… Last night out at The Ridge the Laurens County Sports Hall of Fame held its first induction ceremony where the first eight members were honored… They are Barry Atkinson, King Dixon, Chrissy Floyd, J.D. Fuller, the late Chick Galloway, Cally Gault, Kevin Long and Keith Richardson… Each of these outstanding individuals who were present expressed their surprise in being selected and pointed out that without the help of many other coaches, athletes, players and family they would not be standing there.. To learn more about how these individuals were selected and a very brief bio on them, click here… Congratulations to each of these outstanding individuals and check below for a photo slide show.
- Gamecocks in Final Four Time Two… well it goes without saying that the biggest sports story this weekend in the State of South Carolina is the fact that both the men’s and women’s team basketball teams have made it to the final four… The ladies will play at 7:30 tonight as they take on Stanford at 7:30 and the game can be seen on ESPN2… About 30 minutes after that game finishes UConn and Mississippi State will play and it can be seen on ESPN2 also… The winners will play at 6:00 pm Sunday in the Championship Game and that can be seen on ESPN… The men will play Gonzaga at 6:10 pm tomorrow night and that game can be seen on CBS (Channel 7 out of Spartanburg)… Shortly after that game is over Oregon and North Carolina will play also on CBS… The championship game will be held Monday and I am not sure about the time (most likely 9:00 pm) but I am sure it will be on CBS… My only comments are predictable to those who know me… Go Gamecocks X 2!!!
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Softball: Thursday 4-13-17 as the raiders host Greenwood in varsity action at 7:30 pm.
Local Sports Schedule:
- LDHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- CHS: To see the sports schedule for this week, click here
- Laurens Academy: The Crusaders travel to Greenwood Christian today for a 5:00 pm contest…. Tuesday they host Newberry Academy in a 6:00 pm contest
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.