- Softball… The Blue Hose softball team hosted Radford this past weekend in a 3-game Big South series… On Friday Radford took a 2-1 win over PC… The two teams then played a double header on Saturday and in the first game PC took a 4-3 win… In the second game Radford took a 1-0 win to take the series 2 games to 1… To see more details on each of these games, click on their score… Tomorrow the team will travel to Greensboro, NC to take on UNC-G.
- Baseball… The Blue Hose baseball team was at home also this past weekend as they hosted Big South opponent High Point in a 3-game series… On Friday the Blue Hose started the series off with a bang as they took a 13-1 win over the Panthers… In order to avoid the rain on Sunday they played a doubleheader on Saturday… PC dropped the first game by a score of 3-2 and also lost the second game as the Panthers reversed the Friday score taking a 13-1 win over the Blue Hose… To learn more about each of these games, click on their score…. The team travels to Durham, NC tomorrow to take on the Duke Blue Devils.
Local Sports Notes:
Postponements and Playoffs… Well as you can imagine if the event was to be held outdoors yesterday it was postponed due to the heavy rains unless it was a swimming or kayaking… Also playoffs begin today in baseball and both Clinton & Laurens baseball teams made the playoffs..
- Raider softball… The doubleheader with wade Hampton which was scheduled for yesterday is now scheduled for today…. First pitch is supposed to be at 5:30… If the Raiders defeat the Generals in both games the region crown returns to Laurens for the third consecutive year.
- Laurens Academy… The Crusader baseball game with Richard Winn at Laurens Academy that was scheduled for yesterday had to be postponed and is now scheduled for today…. It is also Senior Night and those activities will start at 5:45 pm.
- Clinton… The Red Devils finished 4th in region III-AAA and will face the Camden Bulldogs today at 6:30 down in Camden, SC… The Bulldogs finished first in Region IV-AAA with a 7-1 region record and the best I could find on them overall was 10-9… For those of you going down who have smart phones and other GPS devices, the school’s physical address is: 1022 Ehrenclou Dr, Camden, SC 29020… The winner of this game will play the winner of the Pendleton at Powdersville game on Thursday while the loser plays the loser of that same game on Thursday.
- Laurens… The raiders finished second in Region II-AAAAA and will host a former region opponent the TL Hanna Yellow Jackets tonight at 6:30 at Ed Prescott Field… Hannah finished third in Region I-AAAAA with a 6-6 region record and I believe they were 14-9 overall… The winner of this game will move on the play the winner of the Clover at Boiling Springs game on Thursday while the loser will face the loser of that game.
- Golf Team Finishes Fourth… Last Thursday the raider golf team was involved in a match with JL Mann, Wade Hampton and Hillcrest… Mann won the match with a 155, Wade Hampton was second with a 167, Hillcrest third with a 169 and the raider finished fourth shooting184… Match medalist was Ian Faulconer of JL Mann with 2 under 34… Johnathan Finley of LDHS was tied for second with 1 over 37… Patton Croker of LDHS was fourth with 2 over 38… Other scores for Laurens were Preston Mahon with 54 and Jason Rogers with 55.
- Tennis: Riverside 6 – Laurens 0… Last Friday the Raider tennis team traveled to Riverside for their final region match against the Warriors who are #2 in Region 2-AAAAA. Riverside plays quality tennis and made lots of great shots and kept the Raiders playing defensively as the Raiders fell 6-0… Although the score doesn’t show it, the guys have played hard this year and have improved during every practice and match… In exhibition play we were able to get most of the non-starting players in for some quality match play. With some off season work, the Raider program has the chance to improve for next year. This region is tough and it is our goal to improve every year. This group of Raiders is filled high-quality young men who have represented LHS well.
- Braves: Just as I predicted yesterday, the Braves did not lose last night (because they were off) and will start a 3-game series with the Mets tonight in New York…. That means they will most likely lose tonight… Oh well.
- Drive 5 – Greensboro 3… The Greenville Drive started a 3-game series up in Greensboro, NC last night with the Grasshoppers and they started it on a positive note as they took a 4-3 win… For more information on this contest, click here.
Broadcast Notes: [Read more…]