- Tennis Host Woodruff Today… Yesterday I told you that back on Monday the Lady Red Devil team defeated Seneca 4-3 in second round action of the State AAA Playoffs… I also mentioned that the Red Devils would play today but I did not know the opponent or location… I can now tell you that Clinton will host region foe Woodruff today at 5 pm… Woodruff is a team they have beaten at least once this season (5-2) and let’s hope they can do it again… Go Big Red!!
- Set Scores From Loss To Crescent Monday… Also yesterday I told you that the Red Devil volleyball team was eliminated from the playoffs Monday by Crescent hen the Tigers took a 3-0 win but I did not have any details… I can now report to you that the Tigers took the first set 25-15 and the Red Devils fought hard but lost the second set 25-22… The Tigers then completed the win with a 25-12 win… Congratulations to the team on a very good season.
- JV FB: Clinton 33 – Woodruff 27… Most of you are aware that the Clinton Red Devils and the Woodruff Wolverines will get together at Wilder Stadium Friday night in a game that both school decided to delay one week… Well the JV teams went ahead and played last Thursday and I need to catch you on that game and it will be good news as Clinton took a 33-27 win… If you want to see more information about this contest, click here… After getting off to a slow start early in the season, the team finishes the season with a 2-game winning streak and 3-6 overall.
- Recap of Last Week’s JV Game… Last Friday I mentioned that the Laurens Raider JV football team lost to Greenwood by a score of 40-0 but I did not have any details on the game… Earlier this week Coach Jawon Stephens provided the following recap and comments about the game… “Thursday night at J.W. Babb stadium was not a good night for the JV Raiders. Greenwood forced turnovers and converted the turnovers offensively into touchdowns. This combination helped Greenwood jump out to an early 14-0 lead. Greenwood would add two more scores in the second quarter, but the PAT attempts were blocked by Conner Owens. We were able to mount a good drive just before halftime. A mix of running and passing helped the offense get inside the 5 yard line. A Greenwood defender made a great play, stepping in front of a pass to end the drive in the end zone. Greenwood goes into halftime with a 26-0 lead. The guys came out and fought hard in the 3rd quarter. The score remained the same, but Greenwood was able to add two final scores in the 4th quarter to extend the lead to 40-0. This is not the way we envisioned the conclusion to our season, but this can be a learning situation and hopefully motivation as the team enters the off-season in preparation for their 2017 campaign.” My thanks to Coach Stephens for the information throughout the season.
- World Series: Cubs 9 – Indians 3… Well in case you did not stay up long enough to make it all the way to the end, I’ll tell you that there will be a game 7 in the World Series tonight because the Cubs fought off elimination by taking a 9-3 win over the Indians in Cleveland last night…. The Cubs outhit the Indians 13-6 and 3 of those were homeruns… The big blow came off the bat of Cubs shortstop Addison Russell as he had a grand slam in the third inning…For more information on this game, click here… Game 7 will be tonight in Cleveland and start at 8 pm and either the Cubs will win their first World Series title since 1908 or the Indians their first since 1948.
Local Sports Schedule: [Read more…]