- Baseball: PC 6 – USC Upstate 5… Back on Wednesday the PC baseball team traveled to Spartanburg to take on USC Upstate… PC scored one run in the first inning to take the early lead but by the time the ninth inning rolled around the Spartans held a 5-2 lead… PC then scored 4 runs in the ninth and then held the Spartans in the bottom of the inning to take a 6-5 comeback win… For more information on this game, click here… The Blue Hose will play host to the Winthrop Eagles this weekend with the first game today at 3 pm then a 2 pm game tomorrow and a 1 pm game on Sunday.
- Softball Splits Doubleheader with Gardner-Webb… Also on Wednesday this week the PC softball team traveled to Gardner-Webb… The team came back home with a split as PC took the first game 4-0 but fell to the Running Bulldogs 6-3 in the second game… For more information on these games, click here… The team will also be hosting a weekend series as Liberty comes to town for a doubleheader starting at 1 pm tomorrow and 1 pm game on Sunday.
- Other Sports… Now other sports are in season at PC and you can catch up with them and anything else related to PC athletics at www.gobluehose.com.
- Drive 4 – Asheville 3… The Greenville Drive kicked off their season last night with a 4-3 over the Ashville Tourist at Flour Field… The Drive used 7 hits to produce their 4 runs and put a pair of runs on the board in the bottom of the seventh inning then held the Tourist to take the win… For more information on this game, click here… The Drive continue their home stand throughout this weekend.
- Braves… The Braves were off last night and will start a 3-game series with the Cardinals tonight at Turner Field.
Laurens County Speedway Results from Last Saturday: Last Saturday was the first night of racing this season so let’s recap the top 3 finishers in each division.
- Limited… Michael Smith finished first and the next two across the finish line were Billy Rushton & Frankie Coates.
- Crates… Dale Timms won the pole here and led from start to finish… Stevie Bowie finished second and Goose Calvert third.
- Hobby… Bobby Tucker won the main event in the Hobby Division, with Chris Lyons taking second and Lucas Motte finishing third… Tucker also led wire to wire but had to hold off Lyons at the end.
- Stock Thunder… This is a new division this season and Tinker Roberts took the inaugural win… Mark Meadows was second & Eric Gossett third.
- Stock 4… T.J. Baker took home the main event jumping out to the lead early… Tim Collins was the second driver to take the checkered flag and Joe Gibson the third,
- FWD… After the second attempt to start the main event T.J. Hill took finished first… He did not take the lead until about half way through the race then fought off the challengers… Landon Mack and defending series champion Andrew Patterson finished second and third in that order.
Local Sports Results:
- Laurens baseball @ Greenville
College Notes: The baseball schedules for Clemson and Carolina for this weekend are:
- Clemson… The 22-7 / 7-5 Tigers will be in Durham this weekend for a 3-game series with the Duke Blue Devils with the first game tonight at 6 pm the games on Saturday & Sunday starting at 1 pm.
- South Carolina… The Gamecocks are 25-5 on the season & 7-2 in SEC play will be hosting the Volunteers of Tennessee… Tonight’s game is scheduled to start at 7 pm.. Tomorrow’s game should start at 4 pm and Sunday’s at 1:30… all three games are scheduled to be shown on the SEC Network I believe.
Broadcast Notes: [Read more…]