Local Sports Results:
- Tennis: Woodmont 5 – Laurens 2… The Raider tennis team traveled to Woodmont on Tuesday to take on the Wildcats and unfortunately they fell to the Wildcats by a score of 5-2… Carter Vincent took a win in singles action and the doubles team of Murphy Rush and Zy Jones took the other Raider win… The team will have its final regular season match today as they travel to Greenwood to take on the Eagles.
Playoff Action Today: The Red Devil baseball team and the Raider softball team will both be hosting playoff games tonight… The athletic directors have both asked me to remind you that admission will be $5.00 and ONLY South Carolina High School League passes will be accepted… Now taking a look at those games plus the Raider baseball game.
- Clinton hosts Daniel… The Clinton Red Devil baseball team finished their regular season with a 20-1 record and a perfect 10-0 record in region play to take the Region III-AAA championship and a #1 seed in the playoffs… They will be hosting the Daniel Lions who I believe finished 12 – 9 on the season and I know they finished 6-6 in Region I-AAA play to finish fourth in their region… First pitch is scheduled for 7:30.
- Laurens host Gaffney… The Lady Raider softball team finished their season with a 16-10 overall record and 11-3 in region play to be the co-champions with Westside… The Raiders are seeded #2 and will host the Lady Indians of Gaffney at 6:30 this evening… Gaffney finished their season with a 14-9 overall record and third in Region III-AAAA with a 6-6 region record… A.D. Mark Freeze wants me to tell you that parking will be “up top” and the only ones that can park down on the field level are players, workers and those with a valid handicap permit… I hope you can make it to the game but if not we will be brining you the game here on Real Radio 860 WLBG and streaming live on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- Laurens at Northwestern… Now last but certainly no0t least, the Laurens Raider baseball team will be on the road as they travel to Rock Hill to take on the Northwestern Trojans… The Raiders finished their regular season with a 15-9 overall record and 8-6 in region play which means they finished fourth in the region and have a #4 seed… I could not find the Trojans overall record but they did finish first in Region III-AAAA with a 10-2 record… The game is scheduled to start 6:30 and while we are not broadcasting the game I hope to be able to bring you live updates on the game from Rock Hill… Good luck to all three of these teams!
Laurens County Speedway Results From last Saturday: Listed below are the top three finishers in each division main event in order of finish.
- Crates…. Zack Mitchell, Larry Grube & Steve Bowie… Mitchell led start to finish.
- Limited… Michael Smith, Bryan Addy & Chris Usry…. Smith picked up his second win of the season taking the lead early & never letting up.
- Stock Thunder…. Bruce Barnett, Nate Grigg & Mark Anders… Barnett had to hold off Grigg to take the win at the end.
- Stock…. Tim Collins, Bradley Lambert & Michael Hick…. Collins had to fight off Lambert the entire race.
- FWD… Landon Mack, Travis Jamieson & John Smothers…. Mack started on the poll but got lots of pressure from Jamieson.
- Hobby…. Bobby Tucker & Chris Lyons… This was a short 3-lap race that had only these two drivers and Lyons’ car broke down on the on the second lap.
- Remember gates open at 6 pm and racing starts at 8 pm.
- Boston 9 – Braves 4… Atlanta now has an 8 game losing streak.
- Delmarva 5 – Drive 3… Greenville is now 10-10 on the season.
Broadcast Notes: Real Radio 860 WLBG will be bringing you the following contest and as usual they will also be streamed on the internet at www.wlbg.com…
- Thursday April 28th as the Raider softball team host Gaffney in the first round of the playoffs starting at 6:30.
The local sports schedule for today includes: [Read more…]