CHS: The Clinton Red Devils varsity basketball teams opened up their regular season last night as they traveled to Greenville to take on the Greenville Tech Charter HS Warriors.
- GBK: Clinton 50 – GTC 15… The Lady Red devils started the doubleheader off with a 50-15 dominating win over the lady Warriors… Savanna Campbell was the only member of the team scoring in double-digits as she scored 11 points… Others scoring for Clinton were; Ashlyn Abercrombie 8, Terriauna Bennett and Bri James 6, Alyssa Abercrombie and Sara-Olivia Stephens 4, Tysheria Henningham 3 while Olivia Hamrick, Mahogany Simpkins , MK Kelly 2 and Alexis Pagano 2 all had 2 points.
- BBK: Clinton 59 – GTC 46… The Red Devils then completed the sweep of the Warriors as the boys took a 59-46 win in the second game of the evening… The Red Devils had 3 players scoring in double-digits as Vilo Boyd scored 17 while both Jalen Carter and Tymori Tribble chipped in 14… Kiah Young & Donte Reeder had 5 points each and Williams 4… The teams will be in action tomorrow night as they travel to LDHS to take on the Raiders in round one of the “County Championship”. Also the Laurens and Clinton JV teams will be playing tonight at CHS.
LDHS: Now I need to do some catching up with the LDHS Raider wrestling team as they started their season on Tuesday traveling Byrnes for a quad match with Broome and Woodruff.
- Broome 48 – Laurens 28… Taking wins on the mat for the Raiders against Broome you had Zarquel Castro (138), Eric Diaz (145), Caleb Reid (170), Shokeil Moses (195), Austin Cain (220) and Andrew Shelton (285)… For more information on this match, click here.
- Woodruff 51 – Laurens 19… In their matches with the Woodruff Wolverines, the Raiders found the Wolverines even tougher as the young Raiders lost 51-19… Taking wins on the mat for the Raiders were Michael Bagwell (106), Eric Diaz (145), Shokeil Moses (195), and Austin Cain (220)… Again for more information on this match, click here.
Laurens Academy: Now we need to also catch up on basketball results from Laurens Academy. First back on Monday the varsity teams hosted Shannon Forrest and then last night they traveled to Whitmire.
- GBK: LA 59 – SF 14… Against SF on Monday the Lady Crusaders continued their winning ways as they took a dominating 59-14 win… The Crusaders had 3 players in double-digits as Reagan Williamson had 22, Taylor Campbell 14 and Ruthie Moore 13… Also scoring were Blair Quarles 6 and both Mattie Noffz and Julia Kerber both had 2.
- BBK: SF 66 – LA 64… The news is not quite as good where the boys are concerned as SF took a 66-34 win on a last second buzzer beater… The Crusaders had 3 players in double-digits as Joshua Moore 22, Jonathan Burns 20 and Noah Moore 10… Others scoring for the Crusaders were Ryan Anderson 6, Dawson Foster 3, Jack Kerber 2 and Charlton McCall 1.
- GBK: LA 57 – Whitmire 7… Then yesterday the lady Crusaders took another one-sided win as they defeated Whitmire 57-7 to keep their season record a perfect 4-0… Ruthie Moore led the Crusaders with 20 points and Regan Williamson had 12… Taylor Campbell had 9, Blair Quarles 8 while Julia Kerber, Morgan Marlette, Florence Mitchell and Hannah Stribling all had 2 each.
- BBK: Whitmire 49 – LA 28… The Crusader boys’ team continues to struggle as they lost to Whitmire by a score of 49-48 last night… Whitmire only led 7-6 at the end of the first quarter but pulled away to lead 22-15 at the half and continued to stretch their lead in each of the remaining quarters as the Crusader offense struggled… Scoring for the Crusaders was as follows; Joshua Moore 8, Noah Moore 7, Jonathan Burns 3, Jack Kerber 3, Charlton McCall 3, Will Price 2 and Ryan Anderson 2
Middle School Athletics:
- GBK: HT 32 – Southside Christian 18… Last night the Lady Panthers defeated Southside Christian 32 to 18 up in Simpsonville.. Sandajah Vance led all scoring with 20 points. Other scorers were Ranyia Jackson and Hanna Wiles both with 6 points each. The Lady Panthers are 1-0 in Little River Conference play.
- BBK: SSC 48 – HT 21… The news is not as good where the boys are concerned as Southside Christian Middle defeated Hickory Tavern Middle Boys Basketball 48 to 21. The leading scorer for HT was Collin Gambrell with 8 points.
Local Sports Schedule: [Read more…]