- Men’s Basketball: PC- 65 – Radford 64… Yesterday afternoon in the opening round of the Big South Tournament in Buies Creek, NC DeSean Murray’s tip-in as time expired gave the Presbyterian College men’s basketball team a historic come-back 65-64 win over Radford… PC had to rally from a late 12-point deficit to earn its first ever Big South tournament win in four tries… Now if you would like to find out more about this contest, click here… The win propels the Blue Hose into the quarter-finals tonight at 6:00 pm against #2 seeded Winthrop… That game can be seen on ESPN3…
- Women’s Basketball: Radford 42 – PC 40…. Back on Tuesday night the Lady Blue Hose were in action up at Radford and they came up just short as Radford scored with 1.4 seconds left to take a 42-40 win… Janie Miles led the PC offense with 13 points… For more information on this contest, click here… The Lady Blue Hose record is now 16-12 overall and 12-7 in Bid South play and they will close out their regular season tomorrow at 2 pm as they travel to Virginia to take on Liberty… That game is also scheduled to be broadcast on ESPN3.
- Baseball: PC 16 – Savannah State 1… On Wednesday afternoon the PC baseball team scored 12 runs in the first two innings in route to a 16-1 win over Savannah State in Clinton… Peter Johnson led PC going 3-for-3… PC’s record now stands at 5-2 on the season… If you wish to read more about this game, click here…. The team will return to action today at 2 pm as they start a 3-game series with La Salle at home… They will play again tomorrow at 2 pm and on Sunday at 1 pm.
- Softball: The PC softball team was also in action last Wednesday as they also took on Savannah State at home but in a doubleheader… PC won the first game 12-4 but lost the second game 4-6… If you would like to find out more about those games, click here… You can also click on the same link to find out about their schedule this weekend as travel to Spartanburg tomorrow and Sunday to participate in the USC Upstate Spartan Tournament.
Local Sports Results:
Yesterday’s Games Rained Out… Well obviously the weather got in the way of outdoor activities yesterday including baseball games… The Clinton High School Red Devils are now scheduled to take on the Riverside Warriors tonight at 7:30 at Ed Prescott Field… That will follow the Greenwood versus Dorman game at 5:30… The Laurens Academy Crusader baseball team was also supposed to be in action yesterday at Wardlaw… That game is also canceled and no makeup date has been decided.
- Clemson versus South Carolina in Baseball This Weekend: the Clemson and South Carolina baseball teams get together this weekend and what has become known as the Reedy River Rivalry… The 3 game series will start tonight at 7 PM in Columbia and that game can be seen on the SEC Network… The 2 teams will then play at 2:30 tomorrow at Fluor Field in Greenville… The series will then conclude on Sunday with Clemson hosting and 1st pitch scheduled for 2 PM… As you might guess, all I have to say is Go Gamecocks!
- Lady Gamecock Basketball: the number 1 seeded Lady Gamecock basketball team will start its participation in the SEC tournament today at noon in Jacksonville, Florida as they take on Auburn… This game also can be seen on the SEC Network.
- Lady Tiger Basketball Team Season Ends… Now in case you missed it the Lady Tiger basketball team ended their season with a 73 to 58 loss to Wake Forest in the opening round of the ACC tournament this past Wednesday… The Lady Tigers in their season with a 4-26 record
The local sports schedule for today includes:
- Baseball vs. Riverside at LDHS 7:30
- Baseball: middle school and varsity host Oakbrook Prep 5:00/7:00
- Softball: Real Radio 860 WLBG will start its broadcast of Lady Raider softball on Tuesday, March 8 as the Raiders host TL Hanna in varsity action at 730… We hope you can be there but remember is not what also streamed live on the Internet at www.wlbg.com.
- Baseball: we will then start of our broadcasting of Raider baseball on Friday, March 11 when the Raiders will host the Westside Rams in a 6 PM contest.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.